Rating: 6.50 (2 votes) Rate It!
Publisher: Toh Zhiqiang
Added: Mon Oct 24 2005
Updated: Thu May 18 2006
Supported browsers: Mozilla 1.x, Mozilla Firefox 0.8 - 1.0, Mozilla Firebird 0.7, Netscape 7.x, Opera 7.23 - 7.5x, Safari 1.x, Camino 0.8, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 - 6|
jsDOMenu is a cross-browser navigation menu that is based on DOM. The menu will pop up when you left/right click in certain regions in your web page. You can also configure it to be absolutely positioned, fixed positioned (does not move with the page during scrolling) or statically positioned. It supports unlimited submenus, and submenu will adjust its position appropriately if the cursor is too near the edge. jsDOMenu is 100% HTML/ XHTML valid, and is fully customizable through CSS. Horizontal menu bars are possible by installing jsDOMenuBar. Every menu item can have an icon shown before the display text. Tested and works in many browsers such as Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox/Firebird, Netscape, Opera, Safari, Camino and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Some of the features of jsDOMenu are outlined below:
- Tested and works in many browsers. Some are outlined below:
- Mozilla 1.x
- Mozilla Firefox 0.8 - 1.0
- Mozilla Firebird 0.7
- Netscape 7.x
- Opera 7.23 - 7.5x
- Safari 1.x
- Camino 0.8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 - 6
- Supports unlimited submenus.
- Smart placement of menus and submenus. The menu will pop up at different place if the cursor is positioned too close to the edge, e.g. appears on the cursor's left if the cursor is too close to the right edge.
- Font, colour, background colour, styles, etc, of menus and menu items are fully customizable through CSS.
- Switch to an alternate stylesheet to change the theme of the menu bars and menus without reloading the page (works in certain browsers only).
- 100% HTML/XHTML valid. You do not need to insert any additional HTML tags such as
. No document.write() or document.writeln() used.
- Horizontal menu bars are possible by installing jsDOMenuBar.
- Configure whether the menu should show/hide on which mouse click.
- Configure whether the menu should be absolutely positioned, fixed positioned (does not move with the page during scrolling) or statically positioned.
- Every menu item can have an icon shown before the display text.
- Works in frames.
- Released under GPL. You can help to improve jsDOMenu so that it works in more browsers!