Bitflux Editor - The Wysiwyg XML Editor
Price: Free (Apache-style license)
Rating: 3.74 (21 votes) Rate It!
Version: BXE 1.0.0
Added: Mon Mar 07 2005
Updated: Tue May 05 2009
Supported browsers: Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.4+ (excluding 1.7)|
Bitflux Editor is a browser based Wysiwyg XML Editor – and that changes everything! You can edit now your content semantically and at the same time display it to your users and editors in its final form.
If you can't wait to see it, just try our demo and have fun.
Released: BXE 1.0.0 released
The long awaited rewrite of the Bitflux Editor is finally released as version 1.0.0. See the full announcement. Go to the Demo page to see it in action, or to the Download page to get a local copy. Any help, suggestions, bugreports are very welcome.
History and more
The Bitflux Editor is Open Source since September 10, 2002. Bitflux open-sourced the fully functional Editor (with tables, lists, picture upload etc.) under an Apache style license.
If you have questions, want to take part in developement or just want to say something, do not hesitate to subscribe to our mailinglists. Any comment is very appreciated.
Furthermore, a very good resource for any questions and answers is the FAQ (somehow outdated) or the wiki.
- Mozilla 1.x /Netscape 7.0. based
- Usable with any XHTML, XML Documents
- Works like a Wordprocessor
Bitflux Editor's three components are:
- A Toolbar (Top)
- A Context Menu (Right Mouse Button)
- A Quick Element Editor (Bottom)
Bitflux Editor Feature List
- Titles, Paragraphs
- Tables, Lists
- Special Characters (all HTML-Entities and Latin-Extended-A, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew)
- Images (Upload and Positioning)
- Clipboard (for Textimport e.g. from Word)
- Link (External Links and E-Mail)
- Undo / Redo
- Preview / Save / Reset
- Dropdown for projectspecific XML-Elements