Rating: 6.00 (6 votes) Rate It!
Added: Mon Mar 07 2005
Updated: Sat Nov 22 2008
Supported browsers: Netscape 4.76+, Internet Explorer 5.0|
The wysiwyg_web_edit is a web-based WYSIWYG HTML editor dessigned to generate HTML code directly from a browser in a WYSIWYG view, so you don't need to know HTML to use it. You can easily embed it in your web pages and use it with both Netscape and Explorer.
(wysiwyg_web_edit has been developed by Universitat Internacional de Catalunya's software team starting with the contributions of Fernando Álvarez - firstname.lastname@example.org.)
wysiwyg_web_edit consists in an ActiveX control (Dhtmled.ocx) supplied in the standard installation of Explorer 5.0 or higher, which is run on Netscape using a plug-in specifically dessigned to run ActiveX controls on Netscape. (This plug-in has been developed by Esker Software (www.esker.com) and it is a free distribution software. Read chapter '1.- Installation' of document Readme_english.txt for further information).
The available functionalities until now are:
- New Document.
- Copy, Cut and Paste : OLE compatible, so you can paste datasheets tables and formatted texts.
- Undo and Redo: you can undo and redo actions at will.
- Find: find a string in the text.
- Links generation.
- Images insertion
- Background colour of the document.
- Tables insertion.
- Functions to manage the table: add a row or a column, delete a row or a column, add and delete cells, combine and divide cells.
- Formatted text: text font and size, text colour and foreground colour, bold, italic, underlined.
- Paragraph align: left, right, centered.
- Numbered and non-numbered lists.
- Indent and unindent blocks.