Home: WYSIWYG Forums: WYSIWYG Editor Discussion:
Imp: Need New Editor?

khawarikhan
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 8:12 AM

Post #1 of 7 (85986 views)
Shortcut
Imp: Need New Editor? Can't Post

Can Anyone tell me a good editor like the HTML AREA tool? As simple and easy to install as the HTML AREA is, just needs to place the HTML AREA directory on the server, mention its path, use the Javascript in the head section and then use a single line Javascript in the body section where we want to make the Textarea HTML AREA. Please reply as soon as you can. Thanks you.

Guyon
New User

Jul 19, 2005, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 7 (85967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khawarikhan] Imp: Need New Editor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why don't you use HTML Area?

khawarikhan
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 9:53 AM

Post #3 of 7 (85966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Guyon] Imp: Need New Editor? [In reply to] Can't Post

HTML Area gave the the problem that I mentioned in my last email, so I want to try something else. Can you help with my problem with HTML Area that I mentioned in my last post on 13th July?

Guyon
New User

Jul 19, 2005, 9:59 AM

Post #4 of 7 (85965 views)
Shortcut

I'm afraid not Khawar. I've only just started looking at HTML Area as a replacement for the Editize program that we currently use (it's Java based).
If the problem is only happening on one site it might be specific to them? Can you replicate the problem anywhere else?
Does google help if you search for the error message?

khawarikhan
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 10:02 AM

Post #5 of 7 (85961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Guyon] Imp: Need New Editor? [In reply to] Can't Post

well I m working on it to rectify the problem but in the meanwhile trying to find some other tool as well. So, let me know if you come across a good free tool like this.........

AdamH
Novice

Aug 10, 2005, 12:30 AM

Post #6 of 7 (85737 views)
Shortcut

You might want to try out [url=http://www.fckeditor.net/]Fck editor

I've found it to be a lot more robust and well written than HTMLArea, I'm surprised I've not seen more mention of it around here.

I'm looking at making the jump to Fck but will not be moving away from HTMLArea until I have a clear idea of which alternative editors will be adding support for Safari as it is now capable of supporting a WYSIWYG editor. I make the jump to soon when if I hold out I will not only get a better editor but Safari support at the same time.

Larssson
Novice

Aug 16, 2005, 2:24 AM

Post #7 of 7 (85616 views)
Shortcut

Check out TinyMCE to, its what im using in our CMS after HTMLAREA.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com

Search for (options)