CSS conflicts with HTMLArea elements

BeneathClouds2
New User

Apr 13, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #1 of 2 (52241 views)
Shortcut
CSS conflicts with HTMLArea elements Can't Post

Hello,

I've setup HTMLArea within our corporate HTML+CSS template as apart of a interface to an application I'm developing.

However the actual editable area of HTMLArea is always about 90px wide even if I set the width through the config.

I'm managed to work out this area is produced using an iframe (in IE anyway?). However without a better understand on how HTMLArea produces the interface, I can't actually troubleshoot what I presume to be a CSS conflict of some kind... Frown

Can anyone give me a better understanding of the elements HTMLArea is composed of (post JS parsing)?

I've attached the files in questions (note you'll need to link through to your own JS copy of HTMLArea - I'm using the latest version <this was just an IE save all> ). I've also attached a screen shot to give you a better idea (I've added a pink border to the iframe).

Many thanks in advance!!

Grant Cool

PS. I've also got black borders appearing around the icon - not a big issue - but if you know off hand! Tongue

(This post was edited by BeneathClouds2 on Apr 13, 2005, 9:18 PM)
Attachments: test_files.zip (33.6 KB)
  htmlarea-buggycss.gif (4.43 KB)

BeneathClouds2
New User

Apr 14, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #2 of 2 (52205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BeneathClouds2] CSS conflicts with HTMLArea elements [In reply to] Can't Post

Please disregard my last message as my own stupidity Crazy

I have just had another look at the configuration I setup, and worked out that config.width doesn't recognise percentage values. So when I enter 90% it set it to 90px.
Pirate

Search for (options)