A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

wei
User

Sep 4, 2003, 10:07 PM

Post #1 of 23 (23491 views)
Shortcut
PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor Can't Post

Hello again

I have updated the PHP version ImageManager, (i.e Filmstrip view and thumbnails). Fixed some minor bugs (there are still bugs of course). Can now use either GD, ImageMagick or NetPBM to create the thumbnails (i.e. GIF is supported via ImageMagick or NetPBM). And moved the files into a directory structure.

In addition, there is also an Online ImageEditor, features include: cropping, resize, rotate (quality depends on image library, ImageMagick has the best output), measure (for rotation purposes), and save to JPEG, PNG or GIF (if supported). The interface is javascripted, at the moment I have checked it with only IE 6, and mozilla 1.4 in WinXP. The ImageEditor alone will work with Opera.

And, it works with safe mode ON, well, as long as php is allowed to create and delete the files it creates. However, creating directries is possible, BUT reading from those directries is a problem, the UIDs of directory and PHP owner will be different (which is really silly in my opinion, If I can create it, why can't I read it! unless I'm missing some points about their design). Anyway, the manager will work if directry creation is disabled. Fixed the problem of unable to delete the .thumbs directory, it is no longer created, the thumbnail images are stored as the same filename with a . prefix within the source directory.

Download/demo: here , for both version 3.0 beta and 2.03,

If you find any problems, bugs, do inform me.

Cheers

Wei

(This post was edited by wei on Sep 10, 2003, 7:17 PM)

mixmuis
User

Sep 5, 2003, 5:12 AM

Post #2 of 23 (23456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

You have done a great job! i just tested the editor, and i am VERY impressed! realy great.. incredible! THANX! for sharing

da_linuxguru
Novice

Sep 7, 2003, 2:27 PM

Post #3 of 23 (23396 views)
Shortcut

Hi!,

Great work! I am really impressed! How did you get the image editor to work? Is it Java Based? anyway...I am trying to do the same for pdf files.. I have already created everything where you can upload the file and select the file. The only problem that I am facing is when I select a file and then I click Okay..the link is not created even though the window closes. Could you tell me what could be the problem?

-da_linuxguru

roman
New User

Sep 9, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #4 of 23 (23343 views)
Shortcut

Very nice work, but...

My server doesnt allow to read files starting with dots (thumbs). It may be a good idea to set variable to define prefix of thumb.

So far the script does not create thumbs for gif images (it creates thumbnail for other types). It may be server misconfiguration (GD can read and write gif images) or script bug.

wei
User

Sep 10, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #5 of 23 (23270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roman] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

There is also a version for htmlarea 2.03, see attachment.

Cheers

Wei
Attachments: htmlarea203_wei_11_09_2003.zip (130 KB)

WeeZard
Novice

Nov 2, 2003, 8:07 AM

Post #6 of 23 (22571 views)
Shortcut

I downloaded the 2.03 version and noticed that lines from 26 to 79 (insert_image.php) are commented out!
I also noticed that this is the reason why the OK and Cancel buttons don't work.

Am I missing something here?

(This post was edited by WeeZard on Nov 2, 2003, 8:08 AM)

stervina
User

Nov 4, 2003, 1:53 PM

Post #7 of 23 (22490 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wei

Your are doing a good job. I have tested your mod successfully. So far I have been using Dsearles insertimage mod. Could your image editor be adapted to that mod too?

If you don't know that mod, see it working here

http://www.college4vents.net/testhtmlarea/example.php?action=ajouter

Waiting for your answer

Greetings

Stervina

wei
User

Nov 4, 2003, 4:37 PM

Post #8 of 23 (22487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WeeZard] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

The button OK should work, the cancel button will throw an error, easy to fix. It was a quick hack to get it working from 3 beta to 2.03. The functions between lines 26 to 70 (note it should be 70, so function onCancel() should be there) are for version 3. So add the onCancel function, and the cancel button should now work.

Sorry, hope that clears it up.

Cheers, WEi

wei
User

Nov 4, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #9 of 23 (22484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

No there shouldn't be any problem, the image editor can work as a standalone, so it should be very easy to plug it into what ever, just need to call the appropriate url. Just need to call

somePathTo/ImageEditor/ImageEditor.php?img=/pics/myimage.jpg

assuming that /pics/ is the directory relative to the BASE_ROOT (normally just the document root).

you can use dialog to call, or window, or just use the browser url.

The ImageEditor.php uses config.php and some .js files.

Hope that helps,

Cheers, Wei

fredklee
New User

Nov 10, 2003, 10:06 AM

Post #10 of 23 (22334 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

I tried your online demo... wonderfull idea you have..

But i see too your addstyle dropdown !? Can you explain me how you did it with htmlarea, I tried it myself without results.

Thanks fred

wei
User

Nov 10, 2003, 4:52 PM

Post #11 of 23 (22309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fredklee] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

about the css style selection,

I modified the htmlarea.js to include the stylesheet dropdown (I should have may be used the beta API to create them).

The css file is parsed by PHP to find the style classes, this creates an list of classes that is printed as an javascript array.

htmlarea.js uses the array to create the dropdown, and uses it to apply the stylesheet class to DIV, P, and a few other elements.

At the moment, it doesn't work very well. If you apply a class to a SPAN, then try to apply another class will just create another span wrapping that previous span. It should only change the class of the previous SPAN. This is where the scripting get abit complicated.

If you want to take a look, I can email you the files.

Cheers,

Wei

fredklee
New User

Nov 11, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #12 of 23 (22295 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

I tried to do same but with the same problems...

But ok if you want to send me files

Thanks !!

theh0g
Novice

Nov 16, 2003, 1:21 PM

Post #13 of 23 (22126 views)
Shortcut

Wei, you're doing an excellent job with this manager, but I've seen you've made many fixes and changes. Is there a location we could download the updated files? Thanks :)

cantyco
New User

Nov 20, 2003, 11:01 AM

Post #14 of 23 (21976 views)
Shortcut

There's actualy quite a big bug in this, well at least i think it's a bug.

It will allow you to uploaded any file in the image uploader, it is not restricted to images, this means people could upload php files and run them etc, i think some file validation should be put in, similar to what was posted in the file manager thread

mixmuis
User

Nov 28, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #15 of 23 (21750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cantyco] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

I am getting a error 99, 'selection' is null or not an object when accesing the imagemanager.. i cant find the problem for this, who can help me? (using 2.03)

schjetne
Novice

Dec 9, 2003, 3:06 AM

Post #16 of 23 (21471 views)
Shortcut

So, do you have any idea when this thing will be finished? As of now, there are some serious issues, like image resizing, problems with editor, and some other problems. I would love to use this, but cannot due to the functionality issues.

johnchamber
New User

Jul 7, 2004, 3:11 AM

Post #17 of 23 (19204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mixmuis] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

I am getting the following error message: error 99, 'selection' is null or not an object. I have configured all the settings. the images can be uploaded, directory can be created, but no thumbnail or image editing.Whenever I try to launch the insert image file I get the above error, please help me how to solve this situation.

devosc
New User

Jul 24, 2004, 2:55 AM

Post #18 of 23 (18965 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
I was looking for a sample script that will configure the ImageManager for a single textarea without using the actual textEditor, e.g. this formfield is specifically intended for specifying and uploading images. I've seen this done I think with previous versions (I.E only).

Flo007HH
New User

Jul 25, 2004, 7:38 AM

Post #19 of 23 (18898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [devosc] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

i have a little problem with the HTMLArea - ImageUpload & ImageEditor. If i use Internet Explorer 6, i cant see the Textarea with the code! i only can see the toolbar and the pathway on the bottom. why?

i only have this problem with the internet explorer, i can see all this with Netscape or Mozilla Firefox .

does anyone know, why i cant see the editor in the internet explorer?

next problem: my contextMenue (right mouse click) isnīt where, although i loaded the ContextMenue Plug-IN. Code HTMLArea.loadPlugin("contextmenue").

can anyone help me? i couldnt solve this problem!

best regards, florian

eisa
User

Jul 25, 2004, 6:01 PM

Post #20 of 23 (18838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Flo007HH] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

Florian, I think you should ask this question in the HTMLArea 3 forum since this question is about that version.

http://www.savio.no/htmlarea/example.asp | Webdesign

rogersjr
New User

Nov 24, 2004, 6:31 PM

Post #21 of 23 (17119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eisa] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a great mod. The ability to upload & view images as well as set their size is great. I am using your mod 203_wei_11_09_03
  1. The only images that display as thumbs are very small images. I have GD enabled. Is there something else that I need to do?
  2. Not as important for my needs but the image editor produces the message "Cannot fetch image or image details." Can you advise what the problem might be?

(This post was edited by rogersjr on Nov 25, 2004, 12:02 AM)

Ppieter
New User

Dec 2, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #22 of 23 (16937 views)
Shortcut

Hello Wei and others,

I've tried implementing htmlarea203_wei_11_09_2003. On my local development machine there's everything is working great. After uploading it to my hostingprovider'server and altering some paths, the image manager doesn't seem to work.

While loading the image manager I get an error:An error has occured in the script on this page
Line :615
Char: 79
Error: Expected ')'
Url: [path to image manager]/images.php

After clicking "Yes" I get the same errors for line 621 and 623.

The image manager then shows directories, but no images of imagefiles (it does show titles and size).

Has anyone experienced errors like this? And how can they be fixed?

(This post was edited by Ppieter on Dec 2, 2004, 9:25 AM)

Ppieter
New User

Dec 2, 2004, 11:06 AM

Post #23 of 23 (16910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ppieter] PHP: ImageManger + ImageEditor [In reply to] Can't Post

Nevermind, fixed it.

Paths were not right.

Search for (options)