A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Creating selectable background image library in tableprop.html

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

alp
New User

Dec 28, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3640 views)
Shortcut
Creating selectable background image library in tableprop.html Can't Post

Using Luis' version: I love the ability to set background colors and images in tables. It would be cool if users could just choose from a "library" of images for their table background images as they can for the body bgimages. Most users don't have a clue how to set a URL for a background image, so if they have to type an image URL into a text box they get frustrated.

Am trying to figure out how to combine bgimage.html and tableprop.html so that I can provide the user with a library of one or two hundred background images to choose from for table backgrounds, where the user just has to see and select.

I know it should not be this difficult but JavaScript is not my strong point Unsure. If someone thinks this is a worthwhile mod I'd be happy to contribute a bunch of background images for it as soon as I get the thumbs made for them.

Thanks,

alp

(This post was edited by alp on Dec 29, 2003, 2:49 AM)

stervina
User

Dec 30, 2003, 2:07 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alp] Creating selectable background image library in tableprop.html [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I have a modified "tableprop.html" which enables selection from a predefined choice of background images. To get it working, you need to create a folder on your site, and dump your background images into it. Then modify my "table_prop.html" accordingly

see it working here
http://www.college4vents.net/testhtmlarea/example.php?action=ajouter

You will find the "tableprop.html file" here attached
Sorry, it's in French, but a few copy paste will do the job.
Greeting and happy new year !
Stervina Lannion France

Where there is a will there is a way.

(This post was edited by stervina on Dec 30, 2003, 2:10 PM)
Attachments: tableprop.html (14.2 KB)

alp
New User

Dec 30, 2003, 9:26 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] Creating selectable background image library in tableprop.html [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Stervina!! I was beginning to think it was hopeless. I will give it a try but your tableprop.html certainly looks like it will work. I think if I give the backgrounds very descriptive names then there will not be much need to show thumbnails of them.

When I add all the backgrounds to the table background images options list I will attach the new version of the popup with all the images for them. THANK YOU again Smile

alp

stervina
User

Jan 3, 2004, 3:52 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alp] Creating selectable background image library in tableprop.html [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again Alp (and best wishes for the new year),

I have written a new version of tableprop. Now the module can read the background-library and build up a select option menu by itself. This saves updating the select-menu whenever you want a new background.The only drawback is that I had to add a php-function to read the folder. So only people using php will be able to use it. I have changed its name to "tableprop.php".

To implement it you just need to do 2 things

1) put "tableprop.php in the popups-folder, and update the folder-name in the php-function as follows

function
listebg($selected = "")

$folder
="../../images/web/fonds/"; // Update here !

function
btnOKClick() {
var adr=http://www.college4vents.net/images/web/fonds/; //and here (path to your library

2) Update editor.js : "tableprop.html" is now called "tableprop.php".

I have tested it on my site, it works fine.

Unfortunately, you will perhaps have to use my file, as a few changes have also occurred in the javascript code
Make the best of it !

On my site, I am testing a visualisation mod that is called from table-prop. It gives thumbnails of all the background-images you've got in your image-folder. To see it working, click on the link below, add a table, click on table prop, then click on the botton "voir fonds" = show backgrounds. This visualisation mod will pop up. It also uses PHP. This mod also allows uploads.
In a next version I will try to insert a background directly by clicking on an image. But I don't know yet how to transfer a variable from a popup window to another popup window. I am working on it.

http://www.college4vents.net/testhtmlarea/example.php?action=ajouter

Greetings

STERVINA Lannion France

When there is a will there is a way.

(This post was edited by stervina on Jan 4, 2004, 3:08 AM)
Attachments: tableprop.php (13.3 KB)

Search for (options)