A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

redspider
User

Jan 17, 2003, 2:10 PM

Post #1 of 16 (11319 views)
Shortcut
MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink Can't Post

Hi all,

*** UPDATE INFO BELOW ***

I just finished some extra functions for HtmlArea.
It are small add-ons like a marquee function and the function to add an anchor or bookmark in your page so you could link from the buttom of a page to the top.

3 other functions are "sellect All, Delete and unlink" and are part of the Microsoft Command Identifiers serie.

In the attachment you find all files. If you want to cut and paste the add-ons search in the editor.js file for: "WME_redspider"
greetz

Redspider
Belgium
http://www.tielt.be

(This post was edited by redspider on Feb 19, 2003, 4:32 PM)
Attachments: Htmlarea_170103.zip (128 KB)

lvni900
User

Jan 17, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #2 of 16 (11307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redspider] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice work spinnekop!

I looked at your site and saw they're really worth downloading.

redspider
User

Feb 19, 2003, 4:35 PM

Post #3 of 16 (11138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redspider] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Basmul sent me a modification of my anchor add-on.

Please find it in the download at my testsite.
(for those who don't now it already http://www.tielt.be/testzone/example.asp

Thanks Basmul !!!

If there are people who want to help with te form editor please let us know.
greetz

Redspider
Belgium

wilgen
Novice

Feb 19, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #4 of 16 (11130 views)
Shortcut

Redspider

When i go to your very nice test site and I open the editor in the big screen, and Ilike to see the HTML I get an error. (regel: 1548 teken: 3 fout:'document.all[..]config'document is leeg of geen object code: 0 )

When I do the same in the editor with the small screen ( the screen what starts) it works very well

Ruud Wilgenkamp

RonB
New User

Mar 3, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #5 of 16 (10975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wilgen] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Same here. I'm working on changing the html editor on the intranet of my company (now uses the pd_editor that comes as an extension in dreamweaver) I like your adaptation very much but the error is showing up on all pages using html area (after opening it in the popup) so I cant use it as yet.Unsure

RonB

bchatterley
Novice

Mar 6, 2003, 12:31 PM

Post #6 of 16 (10899 views)
Shortcut

Great work! However, a couple of things don't seem to work. Can't change table or cell sizing from pixel to percent, get error, even on your demo site.

Second, if I select, say 200 px for first cell width, when start typing text in the editor it just keeps going accross the page in the editor text area. dosen't autocarage returen based on the specified cell width. When I separate the editor into 2 columns and start typing, the words just go on and on accross the editor window instead of dropping down to the next line. I am trying to setup a page with 2 columns but it dosen't seem to work well. Is this a bug or amd I just not getting it?

Thanks,

Bud

(This post was edited by bchatterley on Mar 6, 2003, 6:07 PM)

redspider
User

Mar 8, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #7 of 16 (10855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bchatterley] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi bchatterley,

Strange prob. with the table function. I have the problem also, but not on my demo site.
I' ve set the code from my test site on a winXP (with iis5) and NT4 (with iis4) machine and there i've got the error also Frown.

At this moment i haven't got a sollution for the problem.
greetz

Redspider
Belgium

bchatterley
Novice

Mar 8, 2003, 10:12 AM

Post #8 of 16 (10845 views)
Shortcut

Interesting, because I am using win2000 and IE 6.0 and I do get an "Expected Object" error when trying to switch from pixel to percent or vis-versa even on your demo site. Could this be a browser/os compatability problem?

Thanks,

Bud

redspider
User

Mar 8, 2003, 3:09 PM

Post #9 of 16 (10834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bchatterley] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Mmm I think it's a browser problem, but i'am not an expert

So if there are browsers experts Wink

I use a dutch Win2000 SP3 with a dutch IE6 SP1
greetz

Redspider
Belgium

bchatterley
Novice

Mar 9, 2003, 10:21 AM

Post #10 of 16 (10813 views)
Shortcut

Redspider,

With the work of many and especially the add-ons you have developed, htmlarea can be used as virtually a full web page editor instead of just a wysiwyg form textarea editor.

There are a couple of things that prevent still may be missing, and maybe you can figurer out a way to complete the package. Currently it appears that you can’t use the “<body>” tags in the htmlarea. They just get erased.

Also, I noticed that to insert things like “file includes or “<% code %>” you have to place them within “<Tbody>” tags. Not sure why, but at least it works. I figured this out by trial and error.

Finally, I noticed that the menu that appears when you right click on, say “Table Properties” hides behind the dropdown boxes in the top icon area. I thin this partially a browser problem, but maybe it can be corrected with some mods to the htmlarea editor js.

Thanks for all your great work on the htmlarea editor. With a few more revisions, maybe the name should be changed to something like “HTML Web Page WYSIWYG Editor”

redspider
User

Mar 10, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #11 of 16 (10795 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bchatterley,

Your body problem with the <body>-tag is because HtmlArea is an Textbox replacement. In a Html-page there normaly can be only one <body>-tag.

The Dropdown problem is a known problem. Reason for that is that a dropdown box has a higher prioraty than the other items. Same problem with movie's, ... (see http://www.tielt.be/nl/toerisme/360/poelberg01.asp, or http://www.tielt.be/nl/virtueel/link/index.asp and use the navigation bar)
If i am correct there is a workaround with z-index, but i can't help you with that.
greetz

Redspider
Belgium

lvni900
User

Mar 10, 2003, 3:10 PM

Post #12 of 16 (10773 views)
Shortcut

Guy's I tried everything, even z-indexes, no way to get the popups under the dropdowns! If anyonone has an idea, let me know! In fact it was me that made the table mods, so don't blame redspider, the popups are based on the original htmlarea 2.3 code where it is in comment!

RonB
New User

Mar 12, 2003, 4:59 PM

Post #13 of 16 (10739 views)
Shortcut

I found that removing

onfocus="select()" from the html pages removes the problem with the dropdowns without causing any other problems.

I still get an error on returning from the popup editor to the normal size. Any ideas on that? I atached the tableprop html I changed so you can see what i did.

RonB

(This post was edited by RonB on Mar 12, 2003, 5:01 PM)
Attachments: tableprop.html (13.5 KB)

Luis
Veteran

Mar 26, 2003, 4:21 AM

Post #14 of 16 (10594 views)
Shortcut

I just added full set of attributes to your marquee inserter. (no editing yet).

http://www.webstationone.com/test/htmlarea/

I'll post the file tomorrow. 2:20 A.M here in San Diego, I'm going to sleep now.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

manager_2
Novice

Nov 13, 2003, 3:25 AM

Post #15 of 16 (9701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I'm using the HtmlArea 3.0 version and I'm trying to retrieve href from a linked image so that I can display the link in the "insert hyperlink"-popup but I can't get it to work. It's no problem to retrieve the href from a plain text-link.

Anyone have an idea?

//Mike

manager_2
Novice

Nov 17, 2003, 3:56 AM

Post #16 of 16 (9649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [manager_2] MOD: Marquee, anchor, select all, delete and unlink [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I have solved the previous problem but now I have another one.

To send the editor object to the insert link-window I use a showModalDialog-box and this works great in IE but I need this to work in Netscape 7.1 as well. So... is there any other way (than with a showModalDialog) to pass the editor object to the insert link-window?

Thanks. Mike

(This post was edited by manager_2 on Nov 18, 2003, 8:25 AM)

Search for (options)