A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Add-on: Toolbar Groups

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Benjamin
Staff

Feb 6, 2003, 9:34 PM

Post #1 of 8 (8315 views)
Shortcut
Add-on: Toolbar Groups Can't Post

Hi everybody. Smile

This was a little add-on I wrote a little while back. What it does is create up to five toolbars at once, which you can toggle between from a dropdown. Try it out!

Take a look at the attached example.html for the demo and an explanation of how to use it.

(Also, I piled in a couple of other little add-ons with it to: config settings for converting em to i tags, and strong to bold tags on output).
Ben
interactivetools.com
Attachments: tbar_groups.zip (49.3 KB)

redspider
User

Feb 7, 2003, 2:04 AM

Post #2 of 8 (8298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Benjamin] Add-on: Toolbar Groups [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ben,

Nice work, it could be helpful with large editors.
I think to use it to show te multiple table functions in my editor or hide them.
greetz

Redspider
Belgium
http://www.tielt.be

Benjamin
Staff

Feb 12, 2003, 5:09 PM

Post #3 of 8 (8190 views)
Shortcut

[demo link removed - bad link!]
Ben
interactivetools.com

(This post was edited by Benjamin on Sep 18, 2003, 11:15 AM)

schorhr
User

Mar 11, 2003, 10:27 AM

Post #4 of 8 (8014 views)
Shortcut

Wow, that is a neat ad-on. I hope it will be used in v3 too? I could not see Bug nr.1 on the Demo-Site.

Anyway, lvni900's Table-Editor-Functions should be included... if anyone reads this who activly developes v3 Alpha... please add it, and make this Editor the best choice ;-)

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_Add-Ons_F19/2.03_Tables%2C_Discard_on_exit%2C_cutcopypaste%2C_preview%2C_find%2C_special_characters%2Cformatblocks_P7658/

Benjamin
Staff

Mar 11, 2003, 11:53 AM

Post #5 of 8 (8010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schorhr] Add-on: Toolbar Groups [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Schohr,

Bugs - again, poor documentation on my part. I have to pull up my socks in that department. There is one bug I noticed with the toolbar group mod - you can only run ONE of them per page; I never got round to figuring out why, but for some reason running more than one toolbar-mod-ded htmlArea prevents the other from working properly.

No plans to integrate it with 3 just yet, but I will! :-)

Also, I believe redspider was planning to integrate it in his editor, to group together lvni's table mods... not sure how or if that's happened.
Ben
interactivetools.com

(This post was edited by Benjamin on Mar 11, 2003, 11:59 AM)

basmul
Novice

Apr 3, 2003, 8:36 AM

Post #6 of 8 (7761 views)
Shortcut

Fixing the bug is easy in the editor_generate(objname,userConfig) function replace

Code
 var editor = '<span id="_editor_toolbar">

with

Code
 var editor = '<span id="_' + objname + '_editor_toolbar">

and in your custom action replace

Code

// update the toolbar content.
document.all["_editor_toolbar"].innerHTML = newToolbar;

with

Code

// update the toolbar content.
document.all["_" + objname + "_editor_toolbar"].innerHTML = newToolbar;

and you're done!

Benjamin
Staff

Apr 3, 2003, 12:43 PM

Post #7 of 8 (7750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [basmul] Add-on: Toolbar Groups [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet! Thanks, Basmul :-)
Ben
interactivetools.com

taurentius
Novice

Apr 13, 2003, 6:22 PM

Post #8 of 8 (7593 views)
Shortcut

Hi Benjamin,

While trying to implement your add-on using the advanced table features expansion, I got some errors. This was due to the fact that the expansion looks in the config.toolbar value whether the buttons are added to the toolbar or not. This variable is not updated in your original script. For those who want to use your add-on plus the advanced table features, simply add the following line to the create_toolbar function:

Code
   // set toolbar variable to value of list for table functions to work... 
config.toolbar=list;

, somewhere below the line

Code
   var list = config.toolbar_groups[defaultMenu];

This updates the toolbar variable and then everything works smoothly. It might be evident to some, but for those for who this is not too evident, it might be useful to know.

--t

Search for (options)