A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
page columns

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

bchatterley
Novice

Mar 6, 2003, 11:58 AM

Post #1 of 2 (7678 views)
Shortcut
page columns Can't Post

Is it possible to add the ability to have multiple page columns? Columns can add a more professional look to a site. I built a site for a local non-profit association in which they can edit pages using the htmlarea editor, but I had to setup the editing page with two htmlarea editors, one for column 1 and one for column 2. The data from each editor is a different field in a database, so when the info is output to the target page, the separate fields are directed to the proper column via a target page table. See at http://treelake.net. Also note that the columns are separated by a vertical line which I think also adds a nice touch, but which had to be hard coded on the target page.

Can you add the ability to provide multiple page columns and select weather you want a vertical line separator or not?

I realize that you can do this using the new add-on table features, which are really cool, but it would be much nicer if a column selection add-on was developed. htmlarea is a great tool and I wish I had the knowhow to do some of the development work you folks have poored into this product, but I am pretty dumb when it comes to programming.

Thanks,

Bud

redspider
User

Mar 8, 2003, 1:04 AM

Post #2 of 2 (7649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bchatterley] page columns [In reply to] Can't Post

greetz

Redspider
Belgium
http://www.tielt.be