htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
How can I remove multi lines in HTML view source?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

adm5005
Novice

Apr 16, 2003, 5:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1863 views)
Shortcut
How can I remove multi lines in HTML view source? Can't Post

I need editor to place all HTML code on one line, instead of using
line breaks in the html formatting.

Any ideas on how to edit code to place html all on one line?

(This post was edited by adm5005 on Apr 16, 2003, 12:36 PM)

Benjamin
Staff

Apr 16, 2003, 4:54 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adm5005] How can I remove multi lines in HTML view source? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi adm5005,

This is actually quite a complex problem with no simple solution, I'm afraid. If you were to simply add a regular expression stripping out all whitespace, you'd have NO whitespace - even between words...

Would this be an issue for you?
Ben
interactivetools.com

Luis
Veteran

Apr 16, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adm5005] How can I remove multi lines in HTML view source? [In reply to] Can't Post

What language are you using to save your file to the server?

I have a work around to clean up Word code in PERL, which by the way, generates the output in single lines. You can see the results in my sample editor:

http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea.

If it is helpful, post me back to send you the code.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

ezagent
Novice

Apr 17, 2003, 9:24 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1780 views)
Shortcut

Can't you just use a regex on the htmlarea target page? I'm using the editor with ColdFusion. On the target page I remove excessive new lines.

adm5005
Novice

Apr 17, 2003, 10:26 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Benjamin] How can I remove multi lines in HTML view source? [In reply to] Can't Post

I found out be uncommenting the <br> in stead of using <p> in the editor.js it will bring the code up to a single strait line. I noticed 3.0 does this automatically.

The reason I ask, is I am using this in an application not posting to any where, so posting to cgi or anywhere else would not help.

The problem I found is that the bullets and numbers and indents now do not work properly. Any ideas of how to create a button for a new paragraph?

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Search for (options)