htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
If I want no html in the text area what do I do?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

abarsami
Novice

Jun 10, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1754 views)
Shortcut
If I want no html in the text area what do I do? Can't Post

If I don't want any html - what do I do?

Right now I click on the "<>" icon & type it in that way... then it doesn't insert any html tags - which is what I want.
Is this the only way to do this?

But if I type without clicking on the "<>" icon... it inserts html tags.

AtK
User

Jun 11, 2003, 3:03 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abarsami] If I want no html in the text area what do I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you donīt want any html, why do you use htmlArea?

greetz
AtK

abarsami
Novice

Jun 11, 2003, 3:25 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AtK] If I want no html in the text area what do I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

I want html area -- but sometimes I only want text only -- no code. If you send email as plain text code appears in it... other times i want html & send the email as html.

Luis
Veteran

Jun 11, 2003, 4:17 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abarsami] If I want no html in the text area what do I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

To send an e-mail as plain text doesn't mean you have to write or visualize it as plain text in the editor, or that you have to send the e-mail from HTMLArea. Here is a workaround you could try:

1.- Download the attached file and complete your e-mail form in it.

2.- Add the following function to editor.js

else if (cmdID == 'mailastext') {
editdoc.execCommand('SelectAll');
editdoc.execCommand('Copy');
showModalDialog(_editor_url + "popups/mailastext.html",,"resizable: no; help: no; status: no; scroll: no; ");

}

3.- Add the mailastext button to this.btnlist and to this.toolbar.

What the script will do is to open a new window where you will set up your e-mail form, with the message area filled with the contents of the editor in plaintext.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea
Attachments: mailastext.html (0.42 KB)

Search for (options)