A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
editor_generate command?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

abarsami
Novice

Jun 12, 2003, 9:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1482 views)
Shortcut
editor_generate command? Can't Post

I want to have 2 radio buttons on a page.

If you click one it runs the editor_generate command & shows the htmlarea (I got this to work)

If you click on another radio button I want it to ungenerate the htmlarea - or make it like it never ran the editor_generate command. Is this possible? Is there a command for this?

Benjamin
Staff

Jun 16, 2003, 1:59 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abarsami] editor_generate command? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Abarsami,

No, I'm afraid there isn't a function for that - we hadn't anticipated people might want to turn off the editor, as well as on!

I tried playing around with it to come up with a solution, but came up blank, I'm afraid. One alternative you might want to consider is to have two textareas in different layers - one visible, one invisible. So, when you toggle the radio buttons, that would hide the WYSIWYG and show the textarea - and vice versa. The only real concern with this approach is that you'd have to copy the contents of one textarea to the other when you switch between them - but this sounds like a more do-able approach...

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Ben
interactivetools.com

Search for (options)