A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
CSS / HTML 4

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

pkoutoul
New User

Aug 30, 2002, 4:36 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3877 views)
Shortcut
CSS / HTML 4 Can't Post

First of all, let me say that I love your product and the way you have implemented it. Smile

But I was dissapointed to find that that way it is set up encourages bad html. Deprecated tags (font) are something we quit using long ago in favor of CSS markup. At the very least, a selector for choosing header tags <H1>, <H2>, etc. should be implemented. Beyond that, a selector that allows you to define classes from a style sheet would be awesome. Any chance these things are in the works?

Dave
Staff / Moderator

Sep 2, 2002, 7:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pkoutoul] CSS / HTML 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, in fact a style pulldown that accepts user defined classes is the next big features on our list. :)

As for the html output, a lot of it is just what IE generates, so we don't have control over it. After we add the style pulldown you'll always have the option to disable to font and font size pulldown though.

In future we hope to move towards a more DOM based approach (and not use IE-only functionality) but we're taking things one step at a time. : )

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

pkoutoul
New User

Sep 3, 2002, 6:26 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave] CSS / HTML 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

That is good news! Keep up the good work.

(This post was edited by pkoutoul on Sep 3, 2002, 6:27 AM)

Search for (options)