A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
(help?) using linked stylesheet --> htmlArea stops working

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Ruy
New User

Jul 31, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1619 views)
Shortcut
(help?) using linked stylesheet --> htmlArea stops working Can't Post

Hello there everyone,

I'm using htmlArea v2.03 and trying to use it in a page with a linked stylesheet. It wouldn't really work :(
After some investigating, turns out that it only worked when i took out the linked stylesheet.

I.e., adding this line:
<link href="admin_master.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

makes it stop working

removing it makes it work :p

Problem is my site is very VERY style dependent, so I sort of need those styles to stay.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? Am I missing something?

I've tried searching - but only found info regarding getting styles to work within the actual htmlArea (which isn't my problem just now)

Thanks a lot in advance

Ruy
New User

Aug 1, 2003, 12:13 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ruy] (help?) using linked stylesheet --> htmlArea stops working [In reply to] Can't Post

for all its worth, i've isolated the problem even further to be the link specifically

i actually thought it was just my style deffinitions interfearing with whatever styles htmlArea required - but it seems its the actual <link> tag

eilering
Novice

Aug 25, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ruy] (help?) using linked stylesheet --> htmlArea stops working [In reply to] Can't Post

Just create a page with a style sheet. You can find an example here

Look at the source, take the entire source without the <HTML> and </HTML> string ans paste it into your area.

YOU CANNOT EDIT IT.

when you include a style sheet your page and also html area "thinks" it's part of 'how to display your page' and not a part of the text to be editted.

frans
I know a lot on VBA, excel and Access, ASP

Luis
Veteran

Aug 25, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1522 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ruy:

I'm pretty sure it's not the real problem. I use linked stylesheets a lot combined with HTMLArea without any problem.

It must be a picky detail in your style sheet. I would go adding a clean stylesheet and start adding styles one by one to find the conflictive style.

Something else you could try is

<style type="text/css">
@import url(admin_master.css);
</STYLE>

but I don't think it will solve the problem.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Search for (options)