A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
How To Trigger Functions...?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

pronetwork
New User

Oct 19, 2003, 5:37 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1272 views)
Shortcut
How To Trigger Functions...? Can't Post

Ok...i have sent private emails to some of the people working with HTMLarea and got no reply...so i have come here as a last chance to get some info...my problem is this..i want to launch the original functions that are in the editor.js from the HTML page holding the textarea using standard text links but i have not been able to find out how to do this...anybody in here know the answer..?..please let me know , incidentally i have managed to do this without problem with version 3.0 of HTMLArea by using the editor.execCommand function that comes with that editor...like so..

return editor.execCommand("commandname");

How can i do this with the version 2.03 of HTMLarea SOMEONE PLEASE HELP....

Thank you in advance...and thanks to all the members that make this the place it is

ProNet

Luis
Veteran

Oct 20, 2003, 8:19 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pronetwork] How To Trigger Functions...? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Pronetwork:

Try this example:

<a href="javascript:editor_action('_Body_selectall');">Select All</a>

where Body is the name of your textarea. Be careful with the underscores.

I Hope this helps.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

pronetwork
New User

Oct 21, 2003, 9:06 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] How To Trigger Functions...? [In reply to] Can't Post

THANKS LUIS.....That indeed was the correct answer...obviously i changed the _Body bit...to match my TEXTArea...(_ta) .....and everything is well again.....mind you i was making good progress and it was only a matter of time....if anyone else in this forum has problems debugging or tracing javascript variables.....like i did a few days ago....then just remember to make good use of them popup alert boxes....they are excellent for debugging or tracing the REAL value of the javascript variables...

one more thing luis .....is it possible you could drop me a line in private...?

i believe i have something which you might like to take a look at...it`s a modified version of htmlarea 2.03 which i think works much better....only my opinion alone is not enough to convince me....lol..

i would post it here....only it would take me ages to rip out all the sensitive info about database connections etc...and i dont wanna have edit many url references..(.php CMS related). + it is in a beta stage...i think basically i need an opinion from someone like you luis...since you are one of the most active members here...i will value your opinion...and if you want a copy you will be welcome to it...( as long as you dont sell it....lol...)

if however you dont wish to have a private chat about future improvements to htmlarea and wish to remain anonimous then of course this is fine too...

thanks again for your help.

My Email is WebMaster@ProNetwork.co.uk

Search for (options)