A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
&nbsp not be saving

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

joseka7
New User

Jan 20, 2004, 9:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1239 views)
Shortcut
&nbsp not be saving Can't Post

1. Hi all,
  2. I implemented de cleanup HTML routine in my textarea. I'm using version 2.03. Everything works fine. The "Paste" icon e "CTRL-V" pastes the Word text in textarea cleaning up all Word garbage. But I couldn't make the "Paste" option from browser "Edit" menu works. When I click it, the Word text is pasted without be cleaned. How can I capture that event of click in this option ?
  3. Another error I've been trying to solve is when I edit a text in Textarea adding blank spaces at the beginning of text. When I send it to update routine, the "nbsp" don't appears. They are cutted off. How can I do that ? The users likes to insert blank spaces in the text, and when they saves the modifications, they don't saves it to the DB.

Can anybody help me, please ?

TIA,

Joseka7

Luis
Veteran

Jan 20, 2004, 4:49 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joseka7] &nbsp not be saving [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Joseka 7:

The   thing is not another error. The cleaner does what you tell it to do.

To avoid the  's of being cleared, comment out this line in editor.js.

unclean = unclean.replace(/ /gi, " ");

Regarding your other question about applying the cleaner when using the Edit/Paste button, it can't be done, at least it can't be done in the way as it's implemented.

The reason is that the Edit/Paste button can only be manipulated through the onpaste event, and onpaste event fires up before it occurs, meaning - it will try to execute the cleanup function before the content is pasted and of course, it has nothing to clean.

I have tried to put at least an alert to tell the user they should use the paste icon instead, but the problem is that the alert also fires up using the icon and CTRL-V, so it's not a solution.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Search for (options)