htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
spellcheck in coldfusion

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

weeezl
Novice

Apr 18, 2004, 11:34 AM

Post #1 of 10 (23053 views)
Shortcut
spellcheck in coldfusion Can't Post

Just in case anyone needs it, here it is...
Attachments: spell-check-logic.cfm (4.41 KB)

StanWinchester
Novice

Apr 23, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 10 (23016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] spellcheck in coldfusion [In reply to] Can't Post

I am finding the dictionaries will not load. See: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_v3.0_-_Add-Ons_F23/Spell_Checker_incorrectly_saying_no_spelling_errors_P27397/

The Dictionary drop down list is empty.

Do you have specific instructions for using the spell-check-logic.cfm? I've set the path for <cfparam name="aspellpath" default="C:\Program Files\Aspell"> and changed the form action in spell-check-ui.html from spell-check-logic.cgi to spell-check-logic.cfm. The dictionaries are installed and I ran a test within spell-check-logic.cfm to see the results of the list <cfset dictionaries=listappend(dictionaries,dict_name)> and it reads "@en,en_CA-w-accents,en_CA,en_GB-w-accents,en_GB,en_US-w-accents,en_US"

What else is there to do?
Thank you,
Stan Winchester

weeezl
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #3 of 10 (23013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StanWinchester] spellcheck in coldfusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Try uninstalling Aspell and then reinstalling to the C: Drive:

C:\Aspell

I ran into a problem withinstalling to the "Program Files" directory, maybe because there is a space in the command string.

-A

StanWinchester
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 8:51 AM

Post #4 of 10 (23006 views)
Shortcut

Weeez, Thanks for the suggestion!

I uninstalled and reinstalled to C:\Aspell and the alert went away. I also uninstalled and reinstalled dictionaries. As mentioned, the alert message is gone, but the libraries are still not loading, or at least they are not shown in the dropdown list.

I ran my test to see if CF is seeing the files and it returned the same list as before: "@en,en_CA-w-accents,en_CA,en_GB-w-accents,en_GB,en_US-w-accents,en_US" when I did a dump of the dictionaries list.

I am now getting the following error if I click on a misspelled word: A Runtime Error has occured... Line:242 in spell-check-ui.js. I have the Microsoft debugger installed and it showed the following line: "suggestions = this.nextSibling.firstChild.data.split(/,/);"

I suppose the error is because the dictioniaries are not available to choose from in the drop down list.

I ignored the error message and attempted to manually fix a misspelled word by clicking on the word, ignoring the error message, and then typing the correct spelling manually in the "Replace with" field. The spell checker did replace the misspelled word with no errors. The error only happens when I click on a misspelled word.
Thank you,
Stan Winchester

(This post was edited by StanWinchester on Apr 24, 2004, 8:57 AM)

weeezl
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 9:53 AM

Post #5 of 10 (23001 views)
Shortcut

I think you may have an old version of the spell check code. Make sure you download the latest from CVS.

The actual spell-check-ui.js file should say:

// $Id: spell-check-ui.js,v 1.9

at the top...

StanWinchester
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 12:02 PM

Post #6 of 10 (22990 views)
Shortcut

I've downloaded all the latest code and now I'm getting another runtime error on line 201 of spell-check-ui.js "Error: 'document.getElementById(...) is null or not an object"

The spell checker now works, loads the dictionaries, corrects the words, but the error show up when it loads, and the spell checker will not close with the Ok or Cancel buttons, so the corrections are not saved.
Thank you,
Stan Winchester

weeezl
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 12:35 PM

Post #7 of 10 (22986 views)
Shortcut

You shouldn't be getting javascript errors if you have the most recent code. Alll of the elements referred to in spell-check-ui.js are set in spell-check-ui.html

that file should say v1.5

I would recommend you get a CVS management program so that you can download all of the most recent changes for all of the files at the same time.

BubbaGump01
New User

Apr 27, 2004, 9:33 AM

Post #8 of 10 (22925 views)
Shortcut

Hello Weeez…

I am trying to get this ColdFusion spell check to work and am running into some error messages that I don’t understand.

I have the latest install of everything… Currnt HTMLarea 3.0 beta and Aspell.

I was wondering if you had any ideas as to what is wrong.

This is the error message I get…

--------------------
An exception occurred when invoking an external process.
The cause of this exception was that: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c type C:\Aspell\spell_2C5A2255-65B3-A3FE-3F3B9A76E55F6FFD.txt | C:\Aspell\bin\aspell -a --mode=none --add-filter=sgml --encoding=utf-8 --lang=en error=3.

The error occurred in D:\ Web Sites\web\test\HTMLArea\plugins\SpellChecker\spell-check-logic.cfm: line 36

34 : <!--- run spellcheck --->
35 : <cffile action="write" file="#aspellpath#\#tempfile#" output="#text#" charset="utf-8">
36 : <cfexecute name="c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" arguments="/c type #aspellpath#\#tempfile# | #aspellpath#\bin\aspell -a --mode=none --add-filter=sgml --encoding=utf-8 --lang=#dict#" variable="spellOutput" timeout="30"></cfexecute>
37 : <cffile action="write" file="#aspellpath#\output.txt" output="#spellOutput#" charset="utf-8">
38 : <!--- delete the file --->
----------------------------

Thanks…

weeezl
Novice

Apr 27, 2004, 10:52 AM

Post #9 of 10 (22923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BubbaGump01] spellcheck in coldfusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure that the correct path to cmd.exe on your system is "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" (could be "c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe" on NT)

Also make sure that aspell is installed to c:\Aspell

Besides that, it should work

thesaitn
New User

Aug 3, 2004, 10:29 PM

Post #10 of 10 (22338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BubbaGump01] spellcheck in coldfusion [In reply to] Can't Post

I found that the variable= doesn't work on CF5. I changed it to outputfile= and that seemed to resolve the problem, BUT.. it's still not working for me, I've been playing with it, and it seems like I must be missing something, like
<cfset spelloutput="whatever">
but evern with that, it's not returning anything as spelled wrong, even when I know there are misspelled words in it.

Search for (options)