htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Upload and Add image version

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Brick
Novice

Oct 19, 2004, 3:20 AM

Post #1 of 4 (85180 views)
Shortcut
Upload and Add image version Can't Post

Hello!
Maybe somebody remember, I've made modification of htmlarea2.0 with upload and add-from-select-field Image option.

I've made it for htmlarea3.0
Here is demo http://www.website.vel.pl/htmlarea3.0_upload/example.htmland zip to download. This isn't plugin cuz I have'to change something in htmlarea.js and replace some popups for php files.

Test it and comment.
You need PHP on your serwer.

(This post was edited by Brick on Oct 19, 2004, 3:22 AM)

richardg
New User

Oct 31, 2004, 6:48 AM

Post #2 of 4 (84915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Brick] Upload and Add image version [In reply to] Can't Post

It all works fine, thanks - but just one problem...and I'm not sure if this is to do with your code!

htmlarea.js hijacks the onsubmit function: it first puts the html into the textarea and then calls the onsubmit function in the form tag.

unfortunately, if the onsubmit function is for validation, such as onsubmit="return validate" then the form submits even when validation function returns false. In fact if you have onsubmit="return false", the form still submits.

To fix this, I've commented out the code in htmlarea which hijacks the onsubmit function, but it would be nice if htmlarea.js is fixed.

cheers

marco76tv
Novice

Feb 4, 2005, 12:50 AM

Post #3 of 4 (83377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Brick] Upload and Add image version [In reply to] Can't Post

IN ASP THERE IS A STANDALONE IMAGE MANAGER UPLOAD? please help

my icq # 210139517

Brick
Novice

Feb 5, 2005, 2:55 PM

Post #4 of 4 (83336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marco76tv] Upload and Add image version [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know, I have never used ASP - just only PHP.

Search for (options)