htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
php saves and image manager

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

hinchy
New User

Dec 7, 2004, 1:09 PM

Post #1 of 2 (83813 views)
Shortcut
php saves and image manager Can't Post

i'm looking for 2 things. one is a php save function. i have html area in a protected file, with the content in another folder. i need to be able to save from the editor to the other folder (i don;t think should be a problem)

i'm also looking for a php image manager. i have see the one at zhuo and it's not what i'm looking for. i'm after one like the asp image manager a few posts below. that one's great but my site isn;t asp.

cheers, hinch

bmorrow
Novice

Feb 18, 2005, 9:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (82918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hinchy] php saves and image manager [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as the PHP save function goes, heres what I did:

If your file is already created, and your permissions are correct, create a save button that submits it to the next page. On that page, put this code in:

Code
$write = fopen("../filepath/filename.php", "w+"); //Open file for writing 
$fwrite = fwrite($write, stripslashes($ta));//Strip slashes from TextArea and write to file
if($fwrite) // If it worked
{echo "It worked.";}
else // If it didn't work.
{echo "It didn't work.";}
fclose($write); //Close opened file.

Note: the variable '$ta' is the textarea you used for the editor.

If you need to create the file first, be sure to use the 'touch()' function and 'chmod()' to set correct file permissions.

Search for (options)