htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Spell Check Problem

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

khurram
New User

Jan 31, 2005, 4:34 AM

Post #1 of 5 (81496 views)
Shortcut
Spell Check Problem Can't Post

Hi

This is Khurram, and I am new to this forum. Can any one help me that how can I use Spell Check in HtmlArea 3.0 beta. I have installed Apache and configured it for CGI script, but it returns an error for the CGI file provided with the HtmlArea for Spell Check,

and is it possible to use IIS instead of Apache Http Server, if so, how can I configure it for CGI script.

Please help me whether for Apache or IIS,
Thanks

Regards
Khurram

Aaronzo
New User

Feb 13, 2005, 12:19 PM

Post #2 of 5 (81345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khurram] Spell Check Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Forget all of the Spell Checker add-ons to this program. They are all difficult and time consuming to work with. One of the best FREE spell checkers I've seen for forms, blogs, forums, chats and such is http://www.iespell.com/ It only works in the Internet Explorer browser at the moment, but it does a great, fast job. I've had my clients use it for a few weeks and they love it.

Aaron

===========================
Aaron Weiler
Producer/Director
www.aaronweiler.com

fortress4
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 12:05 PM

Post #3 of 5 (81263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aaronzo] Spell Check Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree http://www.iespell.com/ is great tool for ie users... but what about mac/mozilla users?

Can someone please help with a step by step config of ASPELL on an IIS (and Apache) web servers.

I have tried very hard to get the Spell Checker working on my web server with no luck.
- Installed Perl 5.8.6
- Installed ASPELL 0.50.3.3 (w/ English dictionaries)
- Used the Perl Package Manage to install text::aspell

And I still get a "page can not be displayed" when I click the spellcheck button.

Thanks!
Greg (Fortress4)

Aaronzo
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 1:40 PM

Post #4 of 5 (81260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fortress4] Spell Check Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Aspell is, pardon the expression, a "Bitch" to work with. I'm on Apache, upgraded to Perl 5.8.6, went through the installation steps, and still received the "cannot display page" error. Are iframes the problem? Definitely need assistance from someone who configured this successfully.

===========================
Aaron Weiler
Producer/Director
www.aaronweiler.com

bableson
New User

Feb 19, 2005, 9:41 PM

Post #5 of 5 (81231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aaronzo] Spell Check Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it would be fantastic if somebody who has successfully done the ASPELL install and configure on IIS could post the steps. I've tried everything, and can;t get it to work.

Search for (options)