htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Bug Reports & Fixes:
Firefox problems with popups

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

bendog69
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 2:43 PM

Post #1 of 4 (24714 views)
Shortcut
Firefox problems with popups Can't Post

Hi. I've posted this on the Discussion board and I'm reposting here.

I've been fighting with an issue with Firefox for a few weeks now, and quietly hoping that Mishoo's and/or Sleeman's updates would fix the problem, with no luck.

On popups (Insert Web Link, for example) Firefox refuses to allow me to set focus to any input field. That includes choosing anything from a select box, putting a cursor in a text field, ... pretty much anything but a submit button.

Here's the catch: I am able to regain control by selecting "OK" or "Preview". Basically, anything that submits and goes through validation will make the form usable. But it's highly annoying and I can't put it out as a production product like this.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks--
Ben

bendog69
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 2:44 PM

Post #2 of 4 (24704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bendog69] Firefox problems with popups [In reply to] Can't Post

I should add that I have patched in Mishoo's 1/22 code fixes. That wasn't clear in my initial post.

lars_h
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 2:06 AM

Post #3 of 4 (24404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bendog69] Firefox problems with popups [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem with Firefox and the InsertLink popup: setting focus on any field is impossible, no effect when clicking OK etc.

When using IE6, it works, but MS Script Debugger reports a runtime error in popups/popup.js, line 85 ('undefined' is NULL or no object):

var txt = i18n[span.firstChild.data];
(in the __dlg_translate function)

Does anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks, Lars

rick
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 8:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (24361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lars_h] Firefox problems with popups [In reply to] Can't Post

Got the same problem. Unable to close the link windows in firefox.

For the I18n part, I resolved the problem by adding french translation for the dialog section. (by the way, french translation is very incomplete )

Code
dialogs: { 
"Cancel" : "Annuler",
"Insert/Modify Link" : "Insťrer/Modifier un lien",
"New window (_blank)" : "Nouvelle fenÍtre (_blank)",
"None (use implicit)" : "Aucun (implicite)",
"OK" : "OK",
"Other" : "Autre",
"Same frame (_self)" : "MÍme c‚dre (_self)",
"Target:" : "Cible:",
"Title (tooltip):" : "Titre (info-bulles):",
"Top frame (_top)" : "Top frame (_top)",
"URL:" : "URL:",
"You must enter the URL where this link points to" : "Vous devez entrer l'URL vers laquelle ce lien pointe"
}

Search for (options)