htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

  MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
POSTS
WHO'S
ONLINE
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Bug Reports & Fixes:
Fix: Translations that worked for me


The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

 


fredpallesen
New User

Feb 3, 2005, 12:37 AM

Post #1 of 1 (5981 views)
Shortcut
Fix: Translations that worked for me Can't Post

I found some entries in this forum that helped me.
In general, I had to edit the popups/*.html files and add


I18N = window.opener.HTMLArea.I18N.dialogs;

function i18n(str) {
return (I18N[str] || str);
};
function Init() {
__dlg_translate(I18N);
// and the rest as before ...


I had some difficulties with the German translation that was my consern:
http://www.strong.no/html/lang/de.js

but after using Notepad and save as UTF-8 it worked!
If I did not use UTF-8 some characters disabled it totally.

Note: To make the German translaton I used the english as a starter ... then added whatever was not translated in the
dialogs: { ... } section. Hope this is the way to do it - at least it worked for me Cool

 
 
 


Search for (options)