htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Bug Reports & Fixes:
Bug Report & Fix - Function Result arrange

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

CD77
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #1 of 3 (23398 views)
Shortcut
Bug Report & Fix - Function Result arrange Can't Post

Hi!, my name is gonzalo, I'm from BsAs, Argentina.

I'm using your wysiwyg editor, and when i try to use another function on the "OnSubmit" event, it doesn't take action on function result. Supose that we have a test validation before the htmlArea action, then, if I return "false", the htmlArea will not catch my "false" response, and then, the form will be submited.

To solve that you can paste this "if (!a()) return(false);", in line 657, of htmlarea.js.

Here is the context:

f.onsubmit = function() {
editor._textArea.value = editor.getHTML();
var a = this.__msh_prevOnSubmit;
// call previous submit methods if they were there.
if (typeof a != "undefined") {
for (var i in a) {
if (!a()) return(false); //<----- change
}
}
};

thx a lot for htmlArea..it's so useful :)

i'm sory about my stinky english

Gonzalo Larralde.

vabrol
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #2 of 3 (23374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CD77] Bug Report & Fix - Function Result arrange [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the post.

It worked for me perfect on IE6.0 but i was not able to load htmlarea on netscape after this change.

Any tips?

Thanks

stanislas
Novice

Feb 18, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #3 of 3 (23372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vabrol] Bug Report & Fix - Function Result arrange [In reply to] Can't Post

The correct fix was posted on SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1117874&group_id=69750&atid=525656
Stanislas Rolland
Saint-Lambert, Qu´┐Żbec

Search for (options)