htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

pkoutoul
New User

May 21, 2003, 1:11 PM

Post #1 of 18 (8721 views)
Shortcut
CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools Can't Post

Okay, wrong order. First the praise Smile

HTMLArea is a terrific tool and interactivetools deserves all the praise we can give them for releasing this as freeware and for providing such terrific support and continued development in these forums. Kudos to you guys!

Second, I want to add my voice to those who are calling for better support of standard HTML and CSS in future releases. Font tags are no longer valid and should be eliminated. Those of us using HTMLarea to provide a way for our users to create content want to keep control over the code -- we don't want to see all our hard work go down the toilet among a sea of <FONT> tags!

You are on the right track by pursuing the strategy of attaching class attributes to <p> tags. It would also be nice to have the flexibility to apply class tags to <span> tags as well. Ideally, I suppose what should happen is that if the user selects some text within a paragraph and then makes font choices, a <span> should be styled, while if an entire paragraph is selected, then the <p> container gets styled. I hope this works out.

Keep up the excellent work, and thanks again for the gift of HTMLarea!

teezee
New User

May 28, 2003, 10:28 AM

Post #2 of 18 (8639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pkoutoul] CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree, HtmlArea is great!

Let's all keep up the good open-source-spirit!!

And please, everyone with a little knowledge: we can help! I also like it very much that everyone posts their modifications and extra's!

Thanks again!

P.S. very much like the xhtml support in htmlarea3! I'm trying to add something like a ISO converter so that even our french, german, dutch e.o. will be able to aut-convert those to &eacute; and more!

ReDefined
Novice

May 31, 2003, 3:22 AM

Post #3 of 18 (8611 views)
Shortcut
30 Helens agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

30 Helens agree: XHTML Transitional and other w3 standards are a good thing for HTML Area.

I prefer that all my pages adhere to XHTML strict conventions, but I would be happy with HTML 4.01 Transitional in HTML Area. Or perhaps a toggle on what standard script set is used by default.

(This post was edited by Theo on Sep 25, 2003, 5:20 PM)

kmiller
Novice

Jun 6, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #4 of 18 (8533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pkoutoul] CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh wow... do you do this for a living, if so you should be fired if you program with the idea that css has replaced font tags and that span tags are ever a good idea. And not to mention that if you are actually using a web based wysiwyg editor to create and entire web file is insane.

First off why would you give the client that kind of power (unless your support number is a 900 number) and why would you use one to do your own work. Any programmer worth his salt can do it by hand or has made enough nickles to buy a good editor say dreamweaver or somthing along this lines. if you want to talk about the new age of web design and your still making static webpages you need to go back to class buddy. Use asp(ugh) jsp or php, just dynamic, which means it should be a content tool not a webpage file editor. Secondly what about all those browsers that dont have css or have it turned off, you know all this wonderful 56k connections with grandma on the other end or uncle joe, its called conformity, the font tag lets you keep it without your website looking like crap and being different crap in different browsers. If you do it right and set rules, you dont have to have 5 billion font tags. Span tags... wow, a mistake, period, once again conformity.

htmlarea is a great editor, though I think for proper development it needs to be loaded into a cvs repository and opensourced to a trusted group like Luis (people who are always working with it). I do not believe it should be used as a file editor, interactivetools doesn't even use it this way.

Anyways thats my two cents.

kmiller

Benjamin
Staff

Jun 7, 2003, 2:37 AM

Post #5 of 18 (8525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kmiller] CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey kmiller,

Hmmm... while it's okay to express your opinions, do try and keep it friendly - or at least not unfriendly. Saying someone should be fired just plain aint nice, not to mention unproductive. One of the reason's this forum is so good is because there's a whole community that helps eachother out. This just doesn't help.

And for everyone's info, htmlArea 3 can be found in CVS here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/itools-htmlarea. Here you can report bugs, upload your own fixes, and pretty much do what you will concerning the software. These days that particular htmlArea avenue is pretty much Mihai's own project (we're in the midst of reworking htmlArea 3 with our own file structure) but do check it out - one of the later builds is fully IE 5.5 compatible, and he has some excellent plugins - tables & status bar - which are well worth checking out.
Ben
interactivetools.com

(This post was edited by Benjamin on Jun 7, 2003, 2:39 AM)

kmillera
Novice

Jun 7, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #6 of 18 (8519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Benjamin] CSS, valid HTML, and praise for interactivetools [In reply to] Can't Post

Ben-

I was not being unfriendly or even mean. I do however think it ridiculous to have a posting that all the newbies can read (in a forum designed to improve the exsisting tools) that blatently sheds aside any practical programming conventions and ideas that a newbie can read and pass along to other newbies like a virus. HOW IS THAT PRODUCTIVE. Sorry he was wrong period, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know diddly sqaut about what they are doing. Is this a place of hand holding or a place to share new ideas and exchange code? I (and I am not alone) am so sick of running into people (newbies) who read somthing in a forum and take it as alaw, and when that reader finally learns what they are doing they only get upset at the jerk who posted incorrect information, its gotta stop somwhere, why not here, this should be a place of learning, not a place to proagate the idiot race.

kmiller

grim
Novice

Jun 8, 2003, 11:32 AM

Post #7 of 18 (8485 views)
Shortcut
personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok. From my previous encounters with persons fitting the kmiller's profile I know the should not be answered... but I can never stop myself. Sly

So - mister kmiller. First, I should introduce myself, in order to stop You from claiming me a newbie (as users like You almost always do).
I'm a computer programmer with about 8yr experience. I know C/C++, x86 assembly (MMX, MMX+, 3DNow!, SSE), some ARM assembly, Pascal/Delphi, LISP, Prolog, SmallTalk, little bit of Java, tiny bit of JavaScript, HTML, SQL (and I'm sure I forgot something).
I know how to code 3d rasterizer, wavelet coder, memory allocator, garbage collector, LZ* compressor, multiple precision number operations, and few other things. Sly
I know what the polyphase matrix is - and You don't. Sly

So, mister pettifogger, maybe You could stop assuming You know everything - educate yourself (and please *do* take this advice - taking from the rubbish You've said), and make some creative input to HTMLArea. For example You could... I don't know... fix a bug ? make a plugin ?

BTW: since you know sooo much - could you tip me how You would like to turn-off a CSS support in IE 5.5 ? I'm just wandering...

Salutations, with no hostility, just plainly laughing at You. Sly

kmillera
Novice

Jun 8, 2003, 1:09 PM

Post #8 of 18 (8474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grim] personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, someone sounds just like me, and he doesn't answer people like me? So mister grim (hehe cool) let me claim myself as not being a newbie as well, heres a short abreviated list.

C/C++, Pascal/Delphi, Java/Javascript, LISP, x86, SPARC, Coldfusion, Asp, Jsp, VB/VBScript, PHP, SQL/MySql, HTML/XHTML/XML, LDAP, Nachos, blah blah blah

I am a year away from finishing 2 degrees, one in Computer engineering and the other in Mathematical Sciences with a computer Science direction. So whats a polyphase matirx, hmmmmmmmm I wonder, no wait lemme think, nah you figure it out, does kmiller know? When did Devri Institute get into a tier rating?? (yeah cheap shot but you deserved it for doing somthing you claimed i was) Though I must say its nice to see that you are actually a programmer, more people like you should be posted instead of newbies posting code that they made and think is perfect so other newbies can grab it and wonder why it doesnt work and why they cant fix it due to bad structure. JAVASCRIPT IS NOT A LANGUAGE, its a shoddy web tool, to make a nice gui for people who cant hard code or for users who just learned what a mouse is.

So why doesnt kmiller post very often? well because most people post the same crap and claim its new even though if they hit the search button they would find the old topic. Secondly, I dont use htmlarea, so my snippets would force the newbies to make some serious mods. Problems, if I have an idea I will post, but I wont waste peoples time, with unfounded suggestions. I watch people in particular in forums, people that post good ideas (I come for ideas, not code, which is what most people should be doing). For example I watch Luis and mahia and a few others. have I submitted code? A couple of times I have, but I dont submit so often so I hope my code will make the next release like so many people do. This is a place for ideas and teaching, would you let a professor of english teach database design? I would hope not so why would you let a person post what he believes is fact for all the newbies to read? Do you want them to not learn anything, or is it better to have them learn the widley acknowledged wrong way.

As for your question there are two ways to make IE5.5 worse than NS4x.

First mess with the registry, most power users do, trust me I work for an ISP.

Second, busness networks, they are called enviroment variables and security precautions.

Finally not everyone uses IE, and if you design a page just for IE, then yes I would fire you too. Have you heard of a target market, do you get browser and OS stats on your target market, and not those POS national ones? Probably not since you made the assumption that since people are using htmlarea to make a webpage that that the people viewing the webpage must have IE5.5? I am going to just assume you misunerstood me, because you seem like a smart fellow and I want to keep going with that assumption.

Danka, -still laughing bub? haha Sly

grim
Novice

Jun 8, 2003, 1:24 PM

Post #9 of 18 (8472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kmillera] personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, still. Sly

CCHickman
New User

Jun 9, 2003, 3:05 PM

Post #10 of 18 (8428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grim] personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow. What's up with the attack on grim?

I'm really excited with the prospect that htmlAREA might eliminate the use of Font tags as we currently know it. There is much discussion within the W3C about the future of HTML specs and one of the things that is progressively happening is that parameters are being replaced by CSS equivalents.

So, in grim's defense, it's a wonderful idea for htmlAREA to be developing in the same direction as W3C standards.
-- Chris Hickman
-- PHP/MySQL Web Developer
-- http://www.parodius.com/~chris/

Luis
Veteran

Jun 9, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #11 of 18 (8415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CCHickman] personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi CCHickman and every body.
This is not a direct reply to you, CCHickman, but I did not find any other way to join the discussion than replying to somebody. Sorry for that.

I want to give my very personal opinion on this matter.

Cascading Style Sheet were first introduced in December 1996; almost 7 years ago, and the Font tag has not dissapeared. This is not a casuality. It must there be something useful in it that has not allowed it to die, and one even most important that has not allowed Cascading Style Sheet to position as the only standard. I can figure out the reason: Poor cross browser compatibility.

I agree with you in something: support for CSS.
I disagree in the other: No support to Font Tag.

HTMLArea Version 3 was launched with the idea of making it more accessible to most users: Cross browser compatibility.
Let's keep this spirit!!.

Hey men, why to limit a product that can be so powerful?

Not only every user has different needs. Every Website and every single page have different needs too. Everybody can code a page. To do it in an optimal way as well for functionality as for easiness to update is an art, and trust me, sometimes Font tags are better than CSS. I bet my life in this affirmation.

As an Architect, I often make some comparisions between Web design and building processes. To pretend eliminate the Font tag is as pretending eliminate the use of Steel in construction, just because Concrete is more modern. No way!!. Every building is different and many factors need to be taken in count to decide where to use it and where not.

The only way to make an editor that fits everybody's needs and tastes can only be achieved by supporting as much features as possible, not limiting them. If we can get it done, everybody could configure his editor to his own design standards and, even more, could configure the editor to fit the standards of the website where the editor is going to be used. I'm actually using HTMLArea V2.3 and I have set up several CMS with it. All of them render different HTML, because all those sites need different HTML.

And I'll stop this here. It could take the way of the eternal discussion on what is better, PHP or Perl. Who knows that?

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

mishoo
User

Jun 10, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #12 of 18 (8412 views)
Shortcut

Allow me to join the delightful discussion ;-)

Kmillera, I'll kindly ignore most of the shit you've been eating, except one thing: "JAVASCRIPT IS NOT A LANGUAGE" -- well what do you know.. That's what people that never worked with JavaScript say.

There is a general misconception that JavaScript is a poor language, and you know why? Because if you take any 1000 web developers, 990 of them don't know shit about programming. It's used by so many people that you can't expect to see good code written in JS all the way. But take the following: it has a nice syntax (C-like), it has powerful object oriented mechanisms (you can hide private data with closures, even if the language donesn't have a "private" or "protected" keyword, you can do simple or multiple inheritance, you can modify object implementation at run-time), it provides lambda-style constructs, just like LISP does (and Perl and others), it provides an eval() function, like LISP, Perl, and others, etc. The only thing I miss is a macro system.

So you see, if you never take the chance to study the language, you can never see how powerful it is. A huge part of the Mozilla browser is written in JS -- why's that?

A newbie will be a newbie, no matter the language. And a programmer will be a programmer, no matter the language. I learned PHP in 2 days. Because I'm a programmer, not a web developer. I develop web applications because I have to make a living. But I'm a programmer. For the record ;-) I have about 14 years since I'm using computers and I've worked with BASIC (what a stinky language) for Sinclair ZX-Spectrum, then assembly for Z80, Pascal (stink++), C/C++ (that's where I staid for about 8 years), assembly for 8086, 80386, protected mode, etc. Then I learned Perl, JavaScript and LISP. And I came to realize that the language doesn't matter. If you know C++, assembly and Perl, you can learn any language in a pretty short time. What matters is your creativity and design skills. I happen to have some. Cool

Though I don't have much time for reading and replying to forum posts, I don't treat a newbie the way you do. If I can't answer plain and clear, I don't answer. And I usually ignore code patches, because I have to accept: they are usually poor. However, I don't ignore ideas that I may find in those patches. And sometimes the idea worths being implemented.

--
mishoo, http://students.infoiasi.ro/~mishoo
happy Linux user,
developer of HTMLArea-3.0,
also laughing at you:
Tongue
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

kmillera
Novice

Jun 10, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #13 of 18 (8406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mishoo] personality check [In reply to] Can't Post

Its a piece of crap client language. its only good for tools and flashy junk. Mozilla has so many bugs it hurts. As for proving your point about web design and how crappy js is, your own webpage took so long to load I had time to make dinner! Granted you have some cool stuff, but ever hear of performance? Compatibility? Conformity amoung browsers and operating sytems? I mean come one these are basic PROGRAMMING concepts not to mention web development concepts. Do you think that all the broswers around IE$ and that class just dissapeard a while ago? wow.

kmillera, so much pity for those who claim to know w3c standards yet don't practice them.

PS. This is a waste of time, only reply further to this forum if you want to argue with yourself.

mishoo
User

Jun 10, 2003, 2:07 AM

Post #14 of 18 (8402 views)
Shortcut

> Its a piece of crap client language. its only good for tools and flashy junk.

You can run it server-side as well. There are implementations, only not so popular as, say, PHP or Perl.

> Mozilla has so many bugs it hurts.

... while still better than IE (my opinion).

> your own webpage took so long to load I had time to make dinner!

True, the code could be greatly optimized; on the other hand, sorry, I don't afford dedicated hosting. I host my homepage on the university students' server which is a really tired machine.

> Do you think that all the broswers around IE$ and that class just dissapeard a while ago?

No, I just don't care about old browsers. Someone has to do this. Users must be forced to upgrade their browsers.

On the other hand, you may regard my homepage as a "web experiment" ;-) It's my homepage, I can put whatever crap I want there, and really, really, I don't give a damn on those that come there with NN4 or IE<5.5. They don't wanna upgrade? Fine, they don't see my page as I indented it to be seen. They'll be able to see the content, though. If you spare some time to check you'll see it works quite well with Lynx ;-).

> PS. This is a waste of time, only reply further to this forum if you want to argue with yourself.

Sorry I disregarded this, I just wanted to clarify some things about my homepage ;-)
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

grim
Novice

Jun 10, 2003, 3:35 AM

Post #15 of 18 (8397 views)
Shortcut
I've see simpleton in da hood [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's use a 'kmiller' while it lasts... Sly

...but apart from obvious personality problems 'kmiller' has. We need to diagnose if 'bub' has added something valuable to this discussion.
For the sake of completness I wish to add that (from his posts) it seems he's 22..24 years old, still undergraduate, with no full-time-job experience. But the net is anonymous. He can be twelve (and this would explain a lot Sly ).

So, let's begin:
And not to mention that if you are actually using a web based wysiwyg editor to create and entire web file is insane.
Actualy nobody before 'kmiller' sugested that. It seems he sugests something he himself thinks is insane. That's a nice start (apart from fact that's untrue).
Any CMS (content management system) alows to insert new content using only your browser. HTMLArea extends that fonctionality to WYSIWYG. So every content in the site could be writteln in nice, comfy WYSWIG editor. Sly

First off why would... ...go back to class buddy.
This is part is just madman's babble - we'll ignore this.

Use asp(ugh) jsp or php, just dynamic, which means it should be a content tool not a webpage file editor.
This is getting more interesting. 'kmiller' is discussing invalidity of it's own sugestion. It looks he's talking to himself. I've heard that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness... Sly

Secondly what about all those browsers that dont have css or have it turned off, you know all this wonderful 56k connections with grandma on the other end or uncle joe, its called conformity, the font tag lets you keep it without your website looking like crap and being different crap in different browsers. If you do it right and set rules, you dont have to have 5 billion font tags. Span tags... wow, a mistake, period, once again conformity.
Let's deal with that one. Firstlt - this is a forum for HTMLArea, not just a random ramgling place. HTMLArea has certain requirements: Internet Explorer 5.5 or Mozilla browser with JavaScript/JScript enabled. Those browsers all support CSS. Properly written CSS allows you even to save bandwith (since style selection code can be shorter that font tags). But again - it's up to user. If you like font tags - use them, if not - dont.
...and another thing - bigger brains that 'kmiller's were working on HTML specifications, but for him, these people too are producing crap. Hmm - if it so - if everyone is producing crap - maybe we misunderstood him. Maybe he's tlaking about more natural and prosaic activity - not programming ? Sly

htmlarea is a great editor, though I think for proper development it needs to be loaded into a cvs repository and opensourced to a trusted group like Luis (people who are always working with it).
There is a drop of truth in this one. HTMLArea is a great tool. But it is in CVS. Talking about something he does not know seems to be 'kmiller's habit.

I do not believe it should be used as a file editor, interactivetools doesn't even use it this way
...and I use it this way. In my CMS. And 'kmiller' can do squat about this. Sly

I was not being unfriendly or even mean. I do however think it ridiculous to have a posting that all the newbies can read (in a forum designed to improve the exsisting tools) that blatently sheds aside any practical programming conventions and ideas that a newbie can read and pass along to other newbies like a virus.
If he was not unfriendly I don't want to know how he talks to his friends... And those newbies... shouldn't them be taught ? Informed ? Helped ? Yes they should. Otherwise - the can become like 'kmiller'. Too frustrated, too hostile and primarily too clueless.

HOW IS THAT PRODUCTIVE
...again talking to himself. Sly

Sorry he was wrong period, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know diddly sqaut about what they are doing.
I can't imagine working with this 'kmiller'... I would fire him shortly (for personality reasons).

Is this a place of hand holding or a place to share new ideas and exchange code? I (and I am not alone) am so sick of running into people (newbies) who read somthing in a forum and take it as alaw, and when that reader finally learns what they are doing they only get upset at the jerk who posted incorrect information, its gotta stop somwhere, why not here, this should be a place of learning, not a place to proagate the idiot race.
But 'kmiller', you have a pole position in this race. Sly

I am a year away from finishing 2 degrees, one in Computer engineering and the other in Mathematical Sciences with a computer Science direction.
...a student ? ..and still a child ? Sly

. So whats a polyphase matirx, hmmmmmmmm I wonder, no wait lemme think, nah you figure it out, does kmiller know?
no

Though I must say its nice to see that you are actually a programmer...
I would like to say the same about You. Get some experience - answer this after few years. Then we can start dealing with your emotional problems.

JAVASCRIPT IS NOT A LANGUAGE
Read definition of a language, apply to JavaScript, compare result. Think, don't act, think.

...Secondly, I dont use htmlarea, so my snippets would force the newbies to make some serious mods...
This is the forum for HTMLArea users/modders. Leave now. Sly

As for your question there are two ways to make IE5.5 worse than NS4x.
First mess with the registry, most power users do, trust me I work for an ISP.
Second, busness networks, they are called enviroment variables and security precautions.

...sorry HTMLArea users only. Leave.
...ahh you're working student... how nice. Sly

PS. This is a waste of time, only reply further to this forum if you want to argue with yourself.
I overlooked this. Frown Is he left ? Will not post ? No more ? Party ! Cool

Somebody may wander why I'm answering this ?
Well - I have spare time, and I like a good laugh. Besides I have a picture in my mind that when 'kmiller' reads my posts little vein on his forehead starts pulsing in uneven rythm... maybe it's false, but it keeps me goin'. Sly

(This post was edited by grim on Jun 10, 2003, 3:41 AM)

kmillera
Novice

Jun 10, 2003, 2:25 PM

Post #16 of 18 (8373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grim] I've see simpleton in da hood [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I'm back, but what can I say I love a good fight.

So firsts things first, I am 21 years old, I hacve been developing programming solutions for companies since I was 16. I am employed full time at an ISP doing web development and back end programming for company solutions. I am not a self proclaimed freelace developer with a portfolio on the web, I have a job, always have. The only feelance I have done is when I was asked to join up with a consulting firm for awhile where at that time I was making 25hr minumum just to look at code. I know what I am doing, and I think I flew off the handle in explaining somthing so let me try again. Why would you make a plugin (htmlarea) for a cms system that creates code that is not compatible with lower browsers or browsers that have features disabled? Two possible outcome come from this, the page breaks, or it looks like crap. I cannot imagine a client saying yes to this kind of proposal. As I mentioned I work at an ISP and just speaking about windows here most people are still on windows 95 and use ns4x or IE4x. This is because they don't know a whole lot about computers or that they cant afford an upgrade, or even worse they cant download it on a 56k connection. Never the less they are consumers and potential business. Why would you not let them in, or give them a bad impression starting at an incompatible web page? In any case, I hope this clears some things up as to my thinking. Grim, wow, that was a dozzy of a post, get out more man, that kind of time can be better spent somewhere else. Thanks!

Chao.

grim
Novice

Jun 10, 2003, 4:47 PM

Post #17 of 18 (8358 views)
Shortcut
A credit, when credit is due [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok. And that's a real hi-quality post. No laughing. Why didn't Your first post did not look like this ?

You clearly expressed your point, and it has a lot of truth in it. Why the previous hostility against the newbies ?

I was not disagreeing with your primal merits, just with the way You expressed them.

Yup I should get out more - but since I'm sick I cannot. Unimpressed

So, about the merit.

Yes, I agree, that limiting the HTMLArea to to IE/Mozilla only is a bad thing... But look at it in this way - in some time there will be no Windows 9x/ME (Windows 3.1, anyone ?), and probably most of browsers will support exec(), so HTMLArea could be run in them.
...and about this bad HTML - it is not best - I agree again. But modifying it HTMLArea to produce better/different is not so difficult (some of users modyfing code in "addons" forum are doing it").

From my point of view HTMLArea is a progress. And "conformity" is today just a empty word... JScript it almost (but not exactly) JavaScript, C is almost but not exactly ANSI C...
Like In real life - everyone thinks Linux is cool, and majority is still prefering MSOffice over OpenOffice, and Adobe Acrobat over LaTeX 2e...

so yes I would like the HTMLArea to work on my Opera browser and produce better code
so no to hostility to newbies

Sly

ReDefined
Novice

Jun 11, 2003, 2:30 PM

Post #18 of 18 (8318 views)
Shortcut
Standards... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that making all submissions using htmlArea conform to html standards is a good thing. We use a CGI right now to do this, but htmlArea would be great if it was all done in one package, stripping out all the unnecessary "crap".

And although one KMiller does not agree, thirteen Hellen's do. And what is the consensus on when we will be out of alpha?

Search for (options)