htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
HTMLArea 3.0-Beta PHP SpellChecker 1.0

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

steveguk
New User

Dec 11, 2004, 11:34 AM

Post #26 of 31 (7516 views)
Shortcut
HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 PHP SpellChecker [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All

I've updated the PHP version of the SpellChecker plugin. It now works correctly under windows and unix (change settings in spell-check-logic.php for OS). It also reads the available Aspell language files and displays them.

Note: This is a modified version of the CLI version so it should work with most setups.

Steve
Attachments: SpellChecker.zip (15.3 KB)

khagel
Novice

Dec 26, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #27 of 31 (7367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveguk] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 PHP SpellChecker [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for this version, it is the first php version that I can get to work correctly.

Only problem I am seeing, and I don't know if this is something with the original spell check plugin. The spell checker returns the javascript suggested_words variable into the actual htmlarea.

Is there any way not to have that variable returned? I am sure I could probably remove it on submission to my database through php, but I am looking for a way to keep it from coming back into the htmlarea from the spell check window.

I appreciate any help that can be provided, and I will keep looking into this myself as well.

Hipikat
User

Jan 12, 2005, 3:17 AM

Post #28 of 31 (7232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khagel] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 PHP SpellChecker [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I noticed that too. What a totally weird mistake to make, after having gotten all the rest of that to work so nicely =O.o=

Anyway, tres simple patch, and it's product, are attached. It's just this...

Code
*** 28,32 ****
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
! <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="spell-check-style.css" />
! </head>
! <body onload="window.parent.finishedSpellChecking();">';

--- 28,30 ----
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
! <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="spell-check-style.css" />';

*** 120,121 ****
--- 118,123 ----
echo $varlines.'};'.$infolines.'</script>';
+
+ echo '</head>
+ <body onload="window.parent.finishedSpellChecking();">';
+
foreach ($textarray as $key=>$value)

Attachments: new-splogic2.php.diff (0.79 KB)
  spell-check-logic.php (5.25 KB)

khagel
Novice

Jan 12, 2005, 12:25 PM

Post #29 of 31 (7217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hipikat] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 PHP SpellChecker [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the patch, this worked perfectly. I now have this version of spell-check working flawlessly.

balouba
Novice

Jan 13, 2005, 1:47 PM

Post #30 of 31 (7181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mlall] HTMLArea 3.0-Beta PHP SpellChecker 1.0 [In reply to] Can't Post

hello!

Im tired of the cgi version because i can't get it to work in windows only in unix. and this look like a good solution thanks for that. But i have one problem. Im using tomcat 5xxx i have read that you can have php script run in to tomcat

but i have tried this for hours but don't get it to work Mad, so i wonder if someone have done this?

thanks Tomas

sleemanj
User

Jan 19, 2005, 5:30 AM

Post #31 of 31 (7127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveguk] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 PHP SpellChecker [In reply to] Can't Post

I have combined the original PERL SpellChecker, your PHP backend, and the patch given above into the attached archive. This one also detects wether you're on windows or a *nix box so that you don't have to edit the backend file.

It defaults to using the php backend, if you wish to use perl then...

Code
yourEditor.config.SpellChecker.backend = 'perl';

This combined plugin will be included in my fork the next release.

Note: this plugin should work in the official HTMLArea too, I didn't change it to be specific to my fork.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

(This post was edited by sleemanj on Jan 19, 2005, 5:32 AM)
Attachments: SpellChecker.zip (23.5 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)