htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
ASP Version of HTML AREA 3.0 ?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

7squares
New User

Feb 1, 2004, 11:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4549 views)
Shortcut
ASP Version of HTML AREA 3.0 ? Can't Post

HI Everyone,

I am desperately searching for an ASP version of HTMLArea 3.0.

Searching the forums results in less than desirable results, and after downloading a few different packages and trying to set them up, i am having not much luck in finding an ASP solution.

I need something that does image upload and some kind of visual browsing to select an image would be even more ideal. The PHP versions that are kicking around have this, and look excellent!.

Would someone have a link to the 'exact' place to download a working ASP version with image upload?

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks.

Brett

Hipikat
User

Feb 3, 2004, 11:00 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [7squares] ASP Version of HTML AREA 3.0 ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure what you're on, but...

htmlArea is a TTW WYSIWYG (Through The Web, What You See Is What You Get) editor written in JavaScript. JavaScript is a client-side scripting language, meaning that everything it does is executed within the browser of whoever is editing what.

ASP and PHP are server-side scripting languages, used for web servers that want to process something that's already been formed on a client's machine.

The PHP versions that are kicking around have this, and look excellent!

What exactly are you referring to here? Could you point to what you're talking about?

7squares
New User

Feb 3, 2004, 11:33 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hipikat] ASP Version of HTML AREA 3.0 ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the condescending reply, much appreciated... Unsure

I am currently working with Eisa's ASP version (v 2.03) which handles image uploading and browse and insert of images.

I do, however look forward to being able to offer my Mac based and Unix nerdy clients the ability to also use htmlArea.

It does not perform overly well in netscape or on the Mac (version 2 i mean).

I would like to move to a version 3 of htmlArea that supports ASP image uploads and has a visual image insert function.

I have seen the PHP versions, and they all look very sexy.. Anyone working on an ASP one?

Thanks.

Brett

Hipikat
User

Feb 4, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [7squares] ASP Version of HTML AREA 3.0 ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I apologize. I didn't understand your question, replied without thinking and feel like an ass now, since the general atmosphere in these forums is quite uplifting...

Search for (options)