htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
[Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

arabold
Novice

Feb 10, 2004, 6:23 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1021 views)
Shortcut
[Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version Can't Post

Hi Cool

I've patched the current CVS version of htmlArea v3.0 (2004-02-10) with the following fixes:

- (Enhanced) support for customized prototypes. (See http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_v3.0_-_Beta_Release_F14/%5BPatch%5D_HTMLArea_is_not_compatible_with_other_scripts%21_P23201/ for more details)
- Fixed fullscreen mode with Internet Explorer which failed to include "../htmlarea.js" and also didn't work with customized prototypes.
- Added additional check to _CloseOnEsc() function of fullscreen.html (Dialog doesn't close on Escape anymore now - any ideas what's going wrong?)

I've attached the updated files below. Just copy them into your htmlArea directory (be sure to use CVS version from today!)

(This post was edited by arabold on Feb 10, 2004, 6:24 AM)
Attachments: htmlarea_patch2.zip (28.0 KB)

salli
New User

Feb 10, 2004, 8:27 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arabold] [Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version [In reply to] Can't Post

Great!!! CVS-version is the only version I got working. Only one but..., link-window appeares ok, but ok-button doesn't send/do anything... Any suggestions???

arabold
Novice

Feb 10, 2004, 8:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [salli] [Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version [In reply to] Can't Post

link-window appeares ok, but ok-button doesn't send/do anything

Seems this is an intended behaviour. You need to select a text first which will then be converted to a link. This works for me both for IE and Mozilla FireFox (formerly known as Firebird). Others not tested.

salli
New User

Feb 10, 2004, 9:24 AM

Post #4 of 5 (998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arabold] [Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version [In reply to] Can't Post

Selecting a piece of text beforehand doesn't help, I have tried that... really... Wink

Browser is IE 6.0.

mcoder
Novice

Feb 11, 2004, 11:10 AM

Post #5 of 5 (947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [salli] [Patch] Various fixes / patches for CVS version [In reply to] Can't Post

I had no problem with IE 6.0 with the links.
However, "insert link" doesn't work on Firebird 0.7, even if I select text. I just can't type anything in place of the URL.

Just a small typo: in htmlarea.js, replace "insert_image.php" with "insert_image.html".

Search for (options)