htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DarrylB
User

Jul 12, 2004, 12:39 PM

Post #26 of 35 (5351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eepstein] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Would be nice to know where that fix was found...

DarrylB
User

Jul 12, 2004, 12:54 PM

Post #27 of 35 (5351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eepstein] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in D:\Web Root\flmanage.com\departments\pathfinders\newsedit.php on line 53

This is what i did:

$content = "Blah";
$content = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1", $content);
$sql3 = ("update $clubnewsdb set data = '$content' where id = 1");

And i got that error.. ANy suggestions?

eepstein
Novice

Jul 12, 2004, 6:55 PM

Post #28 of 35 (5341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarrylB] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Would be nice to know where that fix was found...

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=31285#31285

antonitus
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #29 of 35 (5261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarrylB] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi DarrylB,

Not sure if you fixed this already but I know the reason why you get those strange A halos. HTMLArea seems to interpret the HTML space, i.e.   to the A Halo character. The solution is to just delete these spaces ( ) and hence your A halos will be gone for good. I hope this helps other people on the forum.

Antonitus

DarrylB
User

Aug 17, 2004, 2:09 PM

Post #30 of 35 (5210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [antonitus] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

I put this line in:

$content
= str_replace(" ", " ", $content);

And that did not help, i imagined that was what you emant by replacing the  . That was no help...

http://www.floridapathfinders.com/masterguide.php

If you look at it, the A now has an ^ at the top, no halo (in the text "This is a test ."). This is weird. In the source code, it doesnt show it (in IE 6) but in Firefox it does.

Im at a loss here..

Also, has anyone heard of a htmlArea 3.0 RC2 coming out anytime soon?

Thanks!

(This post was edited by DarrylB on Aug 17, 2004, 2:10 PM)

antonitus
Novice

Aug 17, 2004, 6:58 PM

Post #31 of 35 (5207 views)
Shortcut

Interesting piece of code. I must try it myself and let you know.

You basically need to delete these spaces in the WYSIWYG htmlarea box. If you use, say FrontPage to create an HTML snippet, it strangely adds these   spaces to certain cells. All you have to do is seek these and delete them. This should get rid of the spaces. I know it is long winded if you have a huge amount of an HTML section but if you keep to a template, this shouldn't be a problem.

As an example, search and delete one of these spaces and see what happens. There must be a bug in the system for this to happen.

Antonitus

DarrylB
User

Aug 20, 2004, 8:30 AM

Post #32 of 35 (5181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [antonitus] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I know its a bug...the question is, what is causing the problem...

antonitus
Novice

Aug 20, 2004, 3:50 PM

Post #33 of 35 (5180 views)
Shortcut

You're a man of wisdom and patience.
The best people to talk to is the developers themselves as I do not know what might be causing this. We know what the problem is, but why is it happening? well I don't know. I suppose the initial solution is to just delete the spaces.

The   code seems to only appear in a cell without text. May be HTMLArea cannot handle or does not recognise this type of cell space.

I hope you find the solution. If you do, it would be interesting to see your solution.

Regards,
antonitus

DarrylB
User

Aug 25, 2004, 1:14 PM

Post #34 of 35 (5151 views)
Shortcut

well, i dont use tables, and it still shows up...

The problem exists just when two spaces are side by side. Im for a loss.

c0rw
Novice

Sep 19, 2004, 1:19 PM

Post #35 of 35 (5012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lunatic] htmlAREA 3.0 RC1 - Ruined a href's weird A's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanx a lot! That solved my problem - using stripslashes() before processing string ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)