htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
New Release: James' Unofficial Fork

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sleemanj
User

Jan 19, 2005, 5:35 AM

Post #51 of 66 (7771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acscherp] Toolbars? [In reply to] Can't Post

"linebreak" must be explicitly set, I can't remember why I did that, there must have been some reasoning behind it.

Code
editor_content.config.toolbar = [  
[ "copy", "cut", "paste", "separator", "undo", "redo", "separator",
"bold", "italic", "underline", "separator", "strikethrough", "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
"justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright", "justifyfull", "separator",
"insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent", "indent"],

[ "linebreak", "separator", "formatblock", "separator",
"forecolor", "hilitecolor", "createlink" ]
];

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

yermo
Novice

Jan 19, 2005, 9:04 AM

Post #52 of 66 (7759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
How do you mean select?

Just press the BOLD button in the toolbar then start typing. Press CNTRL-ENTER. If you do this at the bottom of the

Try with SHIFT-ENTER rather than CTRL-ENTER.

<brain fault> I meant to say Shift-enter. The new version you have up on your site no longer exhibits this shift-enter problem so I'm guessing it got resolved due to some other change or maybe firefox was flaking out ...

yermo
Novice

Jan 19, 2005, 11:08 AM

Post #53 of 66 (7749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Actully, I've made the link dialog faster to load rather than do that, or more the point, I've made it preload the files and pre-build the dialog in the background when the editor gets loaded rather than doing it on the first use of the dialog. That will be in the next update.

Found a small bug. If there is no selection and you press the link toolbar button it does not display the "you must first select something" error.

yermo
Novice

Jan 19, 2005, 3:30 PM

Post #54 of 66 (7744 views)
Shortcut

Another minor bug to report. Using the version up on your site clear the text.

Click the bulleted list on the toolbar.

Enter a line
Hit enter.
enter another line.
Notice that now you are stuck in bulleted list mode. The same is true of numbered lists.

how do you "get out of" bulleted list mode? Previously you could hit enter twice and it would stop but now there doesn't seem to be a way to get out of the mode.

acscherp
Novice

Jan 19, 2005, 4:29 PM

Post #55 of 66 (7733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] Toolbars? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for pointing me to this.

It would be nice to document this for people upgrading from mishoo's version to yours (portability issues).

sleemanj
User

Jan 19, 2005, 10:51 PM

Post #56 of 66 (7720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yermo] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Found a small bug. If there is no selection and you press the link toolbar button it does not display the "you must first select something" error.

Good point.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

sleemanj
User

Jan 19, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #57 of 66 (7717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yermo] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
how do you "get out of" bulleted list mode? Previously you could hit enter twice and it would stop but now there doesn't seem to be a way to get out of the mode.

Also a good point. You can get out of the list by clicking the list button again (on an empty list item) to drop back to paragraph mode. I'll see about changing the function to do the double-empty-list-item break out of list.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

amrigo
Novice

Jan 20, 2005, 3:30 AM

Post #58 of 66 (7695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

I am using your fork of the htmlarea project .

Sometimes after typing the text that i want to submit , when i try submit the entire form, the textarea using htmlarea is submitted with empty value, or no value as if i havenīt typed anything.

What can be wrong?

Switching to html mode the post variables are posted.

Actually i solve it and it is working if i get this situation again i will post the code here ... maybe it is my mistake.

gasjack
New User

Jan 20, 2005, 5:51 AM

Post #59 of 66 (7689 views)
Shortcut

Great mod sleemanj!
Gives the designer a lot more control. I have a single question. In the source code you say.

Code
// If you want to provide "friendly" names you can do so  
// like (you can do this for stylistLoadStylesheet as well)
cfg.stylistLoadStyles('p.pink_text { color:pink }', {'p.pink_text' : 'Pretty Pink'});

My question is, how do you do that for the styles loaded with stylistLoadStylesheet?

Kind regards
Rasmus, Denmark

sleemanj
User

Jan 20, 2005, 9:47 AM

Post #60 of 66 (7657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gasjack] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My question is, how do you do that for the styles loaded with stylistLoadStylesheet?

cfg.stylistLoadStylesheet('http://.../foo.css', {'p.pink_text' : 'Pretty Pink'});

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

Randyd
Novice

Jan 20, 2005, 11:13 AM

Post #61 of 66 (7638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In regards to the insert table function, No it's not validating as XHTML because Wordpress puts everything in <p> tags. Is there a way that you can make a button so that it will put the table outside the <p> tags?

Also the editor on this forum doesn't work in Windows XP IE6.0.2

duvent
New User

Jan 20, 2005, 4:41 PM

Post #62 of 66 (7622 views)
Shortcut

Hi. Thanks so much for your fork.

I have a question. I'm using your update 3 in I.E. 6. under XP.

I can't see the buttons 'cancel' or 'ok' in the 'cell properties' dialogue box and 'table properties' dialogue box.
Actually, they appear for a moment at the lower part of the boxes (I think. I can't see it exactly), and the boxes immediately disappear (resized).
And the boxes are not resizable. So I can't change the properties.

I hope you understand my English.

Thanks in advance.

(This post was edited by duvent on Jan 20, 2005, 4:58 PM)

Dave76
New User

Jan 20, 2005, 6:52 PM

Post #63 of 66 (7605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [duvent] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All

Great fork, found it very easy to use. Having a couple of problems tho

Downloaded and setup the latest copy of the fork. I'm having a couple of dramas with the DynamicCSS & TableOperations plugins. In the DynamicCSS dropbox at the top I get the following code added -

Code
function(needle)  {   var haystack = this;   for(var i = 0; i < haystack.length; i++)      if(needle == haystack) return true;    }    return false;  } 

function(a) { for(var i = 0; i<a.length;i++) { this.push(a); } return this; }

It also adds this if to the Border dropbox of the Table Properties popup and the Cell Properties popup as well.

Both of these functions are in the htmlarea.js file (new version) but not in the old version.

Any thoughts appreciated on a solution.

Thanks

duvent
New User

Jan 21, 2005, 4:57 AM

Post #64 of 66 (7552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave76] New Release: James' Unofficial Fork - Update 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Dave76 for your answer.
But I can't understand how to use your code.

I copied the code and pasted it at the top of the file 'Dynamiccss.js' right below the remark.
But it occured an error message. So I examined the code.

I thought that there should be a '{' right after length; 'i++)'. So I inserted it.
But the code didn't work.
Still I couldn't see the buttons in the dialogue boxes.

Would you please tell me more detail how to apply?

Thanks.

sleemanj
User

Jan 21, 2005, 6:43 AM

Post #65 of 66 (7543 views)
Shortcut

Dear all.

I have been told by itools to cease posts regarding my fork. In accordance with thier wishes I shall not be making further posts or updates of my fork here.

I am undecided as to wether to submit my patches to itools, they are of course welcome to take my code and do what they like with it, on thier own time and dime, in accordance with the htmlArea licence.

Anybody interested in keeping track of future developments from me may do so from my website.

Thanks for all the bug reports.

L8r G8r.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

mmcw
User

Jan 21, 2005, 8:27 AM

Post #66 of 66 (7530 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear that someone who is trying to make it going on again will be stopped by Itools who did not let see ANYTHING!
I do not think it the wright way to do!

I think they do want to make a commercial version of it an we have to pay for it (soon)

I will be looking at your site to see your updates!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)