htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Tables-question--- [v3 is out! Thank you so much for Mozilla support]

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

schorhr
User

Mar 7, 2003, 2:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5160 views)
Shortcut
Tables-question--- [v3 is out! Thank you so much for Mozilla support] Can't Post

Hi, thank you so much for v3, even though its still alpha, I am glad I can now make some simple CMS-Site for a buddy who uses a MAC...

Anyway, is there any way to edit an existing table? Maybee a button add/delete row/colum?
I have used the EWE wysiwyg-Editor, which has a (DHTML?)-Rightklick menu to edit tables...

but I just cant let go of the great HTMLarea, and of course the Mozilla support is just the best mod I could possibly think of ;-)

Ciao!

UPDATE: EWE has a function to switch invisible borders to dotted lines, which is pretty usefull too,... just a suggestion ;-)

How can I size the menu above the textarea to my desire? I cant vind the VAR in the js. :-(

Thank you so much!

Marcus Shaw- germany

(This post was edited by schorhr on Mar 7, 2003, 5:12 AM)

pdjohe
Novice

Mar 7, 2003, 9:51 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schorhr] Tables-question--- [v3 is out! Thank you so much for Mozilla support] [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked out Easy Web Editor (EWE) and found the right click button a very nice feature, esp. with the tables.

This kind of user-editor interaction would be very nice to see in v3.0.

schorhr
User

Mar 7, 2003, 3:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pdjohe] Tables-question--- [v3 is out! Thank you so much for Mozilla support] [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, v3 is great, but that feature would make it perfect.

EWE (http://www.openmymind.net/products/ewe/index.php) is pretty cool too, but I would rather miss advance table options then cross browser features... I can and I will use more then one editor so users can choose on my site :-/

making a dhtml menu isnt that hard i suppose, but a simple ad/del row/col would be enough for me, though I dont know how hard such modification would be... but probably "just" deleting everything inbetween and the <tr></tr> the cursor is currently possitionedd in.... for rows that is.

Hope to see some function like this soon... or some resizing of the table ;)

Search for (options)