htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Appropriate behaviors for <P> and <BR>

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

aaandre
New User

Apr 10, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4608 views)
Shortcut
Appropriate behaviors for <P> and <BR> Can't Post

Ctrl-Enter: <br/>
Enter: <p>

Plus, we need a way to remove the surrounding <p> tags, especially when a paragraph appears after <h1> - <h4>.

I.e., there should be a way to convert

<h1>Home page</h1>
this--> <p>First paragraph with tooo much spacing</p>
<p>Second paragraph with OK spacing</p>

into

<h1>Home page</h1>
this--> First paragraph with just right spacing
<p>Second paragraph with OK spacing</p>

I tried formatremove from v2.03 but it only removes styles, not <p>, <h1> etc.

Ideally, this would be an option in the <h1>....normal menu, called "Unformatted"

Has someone already worked on such a feature?
Yes, I am aware that stylesheets may be edited to display <p> differently after <h1> - <h4> but this would be a hack requiring additional CSS maintenance and not a clean solution.

Cheers
-- Andre

(This post was edited by aaandre on Apr 10, 2003, 7:32 PM)

isNaN
New User

May 13, 2003, 7:39 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaandre] Appropriate behaviors for <P> and <BR> [In reply to] Can't Post

I Believe the <P> tags a re recommended in W3 recommendations. - If it's just he formatting that you object to why not cheat and use CSS? - look here
isNaN

isNaN - I'm A Man!!!

Search for (options)