htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

  MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
POSTS
WHO'S
ONLINE
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
Funny Charactors showing up for more than one space


The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

 


wwaldrup
New User

Jan 21, 2005, 8:04 AM

Post #1 of 3 (11275 views)
Shortcut
Funny Charactors showing up for more than one space Can't Post

When a user enters more than two spaces in a line of text. Like after a period htmlarea will put a garbage charactor that looks like a captial A with a carrot above it. Have any of you seen this problem or found a fix?

Thanks in advance


(This post was edited by wwaldrup on Jan 21, 2005, 8:41 AM)


DarrylB
User

Jan 21, 2005, 1:19 PM

Post #2 of 3 (11264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wwaldrup] Funny Charactors showing up for more than one space [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I second this. I have this same issue.


Hipikat
User

Jan 24, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #3 of 3 (11197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wwaldrup] Funny Charactors showing up for more than one space [In reply to] Can't Post

I was having issues like this for the longest time, and eventually found it was all related to the SpellChecker plugin. I know other people have been having issues like this without the SpellChecker plugin even enabled, so if that's you you can stop listening now...

But after a day of messing around and reading up on character encodings and thinking I was doomed because, quote the aspell man page, "the Aspell utility will currently only function correctly with 8-bit encodings", I tried removing all the explicit references to utf-8 from spell-check-ui.html I could find, and everything worked dandy =)

That is to say, for RC2b,

Code
*************** 
*** 24 ****
! <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
--- 24 ----
! <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html" />
***************
*** 61 ****
- accept-charset="UTF-8"
--- 60 ----

Attachments: spell-check-ui.fixed.html (4.46 KB)

 
 
 


Search for (options)