htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
Problem with newly installed RC2

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

MarjaR
New User

Jan 24, 2005, 1:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (11358 views)
Shortcut
Problem with newly installed RC2 Can't Post

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed release candidate nr. 2. But when running my first test page, I get a JS error in htmlarea.js on the line that says:

Code
 if (typeof HTMLArea.I18N.tooltips != "undefined") {

The error is:

Code
 HTMLArea.I18N.tooltips is null or not an object

There's just one textarea on the test page and following the instructions, I'm initialising the editor by putting the following just before the </body> tag.

Code
 <script type="text/javascript" defer="1"> 
HTMLArea.replaceAll();
</script>

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards, Marja

MarjaR
New User

Jan 24, 2005, 2:09 PM

Post #2 of 2 (11354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarjaR] Problem with newly installed RC2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In another thread I read that an incomplete language file might be the cause of this error, but the error also occurs with

Code
  _editor_lang = "en";

Now I'm really lost.

Search for (options)