htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
Frontpage Editor: I messed up my website, help!

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

sherylak7
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 7:54 AM

Post #1 of 3 (24933 views)
Shortcut
Frontpage Editor: I messed up my website, help! Can't Post

Hi:

I wanted to remove a banner that was too large for my Homepage. I cut html code from the editor, but apparently cut something wrong. Now my homepage is askew and I cannot access my Frontpage editor to fix it. It hangs and task mgr. doesn't help either. If you need more info, please let me know.

I appreciate your help.

Sherylak7

reg
Novice

Feb 11, 2005, 2:01 PM

Post #2 of 3 (24906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sherylak7] Frontpage Editor: I messed up my website, help! [In reply to] Can't Post

have you tried opening that page with Notepad and checked to see what is messed up so much that FrontPage doesn't want to touch it. You may have to manually make some fixes to get it back to the point where FP will co-operate

hth

Reg

sherylak7
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 3:48 PM

Post #3 of 3 (24898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reg] Frontpage Editor: I messed up my website, help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Reg for your advice. I had to manually fix my problem. I accessed my frontpage editor, clicked on View HTML. Source <> and when it opened it was blank. I knew there was something there, so being desperate, I right clicked, selected select all, right clicked again, selected cut, and lo and behold it fixed my home page. Of course, everything I had on it before was gone, but was happy to redo.

Thanks again.

Sherylak7

Search for (options)