htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
Can the margins in htmlarea be changed?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

bspeng
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 1:10 PM

Post #1 of 4 (26446 views)
Shortcut
Can the margins in htmlarea be changed? Can't Post

I'm using htmlarea without status bar or toolbar. The textarea of htmlarea seems to have wide "cell" margins (for lack of a better term). I'd like the text to be tighter to the edge of the input box.

Is this possible?

reg
Novice

Feb 11, 2005, 1:59 PM

Post #2 of 4 (26428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bspeng] Can the margins in htmlarea be changed? [In reply to] Can't Post

have you looked at what can be changed in htmlarea.css?

Reg

bspeng
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 3:09 PM

Post #3 of 4 (26420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reg] Can the margins in htmlarea be changed? [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose, but I'd prefer to change only for this htmlarea... and I was pleading for guidance. I'm not even sure where to start, so brute-force method won't be very productive.

but thank you for your question.

reg
Novice

Feb 11, 2005, 3:29 PM

Post #4 of 4 (26415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bspeng] Can the margins in htmlarea be changed? [In reply to] Can't Post

If it is for a single htmlarea, then you might want to add the style in your definition, something like the third line in this sample:

editorName.config.statusbar='false';" ;
editorName.config.width='" + Transform(tnWidth) + "';" ;
editorName.config.pageStyle='body { background-color: whitesmoke; color: black; font-family: verdana; font-size: 1em;' ;" ;
editorName.generate(); "

only you'll want to make reference to margins, not colour and fonts

Reg

Search for (options)