htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
Getting a plugin + custom toolbar to work at once

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

paul.n3w
New User

Feb 14, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #1 of 3 (25523 views)
Shortcut
Getting a plugin + custom toolbar to work at once Can't Post

Hi, I'm new to HTMLArea, and I'm having trouble configuring the toolbar (outside of the htmlarea.js file) and getting a plugin (table-operations) to work at the same time. I can do one or the other... but not both. I thought something like this would work:

Code
// this part works, loading HTMLArea and the plugin 
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");
var editor = null;
function initEditor() {
editor = new HTMLArea("page_content");
editor.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
editor.generate();

// Now I want to limit the icons displayed in the toolbar, so I thought you apply a edit to the configuration next?

var config = new HTMLArea.Config();
config.toolbar = [[ "fontsize", buttons... etc etc.. ]];
HTMLArea.replace("page_content", config);
}

So, what I get is not one HTMLArea editor, but two... one with the plugin and all the toolbar buttons, and another with no plugin and just the buttons I want.

Am I doing something out of order?

Thank you!

(This post was edited by paul.n3w on Feb 14, 2005, 8:21 PM)

MadMiner
New User

Feb 16, 2005, 11:53 AM

Post #2 of 3 (25485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paul.n3w] Getting a plugin + custom toolbar to work at once [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paul

Attached a HTML-file which works with sel defined toolbar.
It's not my own work!

Of course you have adjust the paths yourself first.

CU
Attachments: toolbar.html (3.20 KB)

bableson
New User

Feb 17, 2005, 9:28 AM

Post #3 of 3 (25466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MadMiner] Getting a plugin + custom toolbar to work at once [In reply to] Can't Post

I am having the same problem - I have a particular set of buttons defined, and can't get any plugins to load. I've tried the example above, but the same result - I can load the plugins if I don't use the custom toolbar. If I have the custom toolbar, no plugins load.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Search for (options)