htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
changing the code that is written to the text..

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

oldgym
New User

Aug 11, 2004, 3:25 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2117 views)
Shortcut
changing the code that is written to the text.. Can't Post

hi i am using htmlarea 2.03 to format my text and send to access database. then asp sends that info to my flash file, flash reads html formatted text but some of the tags are different.

for instance htmlarea writes "bold" as <strong>, but flash doesnt understand <strong> instead flash only understands <b></b>

how do i make your "bold" tool, write <b></b> instead of <strong>?????

thank you

oldgym
New User

Aug 11, 2004, 11:12 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldgym] changing the code that is written to the text.. [In reply to] Can't Post

is there any moderators or admins working this site???????

if this is your way of doing support i would think that you guys would be on top things.

thanks,
helpppppppppp

Luis
Veteran

Aug 11, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldgym] changing the code that is written to the text.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi oldgym:

As far as I know, there are not admins or moderators. Since HTMLArea is a FREE product, the only support is what you can get from other users. However, I've never seen any other forum, even for paid products with so much support as in this one. Myself alone have more than 1,200 posts and I feel very proud of having helped so much people, besides of implementing tons of outstanding functions which I'm giving away for free too, in respect of the Open-Source spirit of the HTMLArea project.

I could also provide you the help you need. The magic is "Good Manners".

Attach your editor with a note thanking InteractiveTools for giving away this incredible tool and apologizing for the way as you refer to their support and I'll gladly implement the functionality you need.

Greetings

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

oldgym
New User

Aug 12, 2004, 5:55 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] changing the code that is written to the text.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Luis, thank you soo much for coming to the rescue

I think im kind of impatient and was wanting an answer right away, I got used to the support forums located at www.forum.flashloaded.com/boards/ and their support personell only reply to the forums thus they are on stand-by waiting for new posts and you are guaranteed a reply within 60mins. I thought this forum was the same, in any case i should have been patient because you came along and will hopefully save my day.

yeah, this wysiwyg is very very helpful and awesome i actually wanted to donate a few dollars to
interactivetools for this free "htmlArea" tool. I believe that compensating people for their hard work
and time is necesary, especially knowing that it is saving me days if not weeks trying to create stuff myself or even 100's of dollars buying the same functional tools from a retailer.

Luis if you can help me out here and fix the tags to output the flash compliant html below, ill be
glad to cover you $10 if you have a paypal account.

FLASH:
The following HTML tags are supported in text fields: <A>, <B>, <FONT COLOR>, <FONT FACE>, <FONT SIZE>, <I>, <P>, and <U>.

The following HTML attributes are supported in text fields: LEFTMARGIN, RIGHTMARGIN, ALIGN, INDENT, and LEADING.

Luis, if you can also make the tools that are not compliant disappear from the wysiwyg editor id appreciate it.

thanks Luis, and oh yeah! interactive tools- you guys are great i love your product sorry for doggin on ya in my last post.
(Luis if it aint to difficult, you might want to post your answer on this forum so others who might have the same question as me might find their answer. or you can have them just emial you.)
Attachments: htmlarea.zip (45.3 KB)

oldgym
New User

Aug 17, 2004, 11:18 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1955 views)
Shortcut

Hi Luis were you able to get my post,

let me know if you have any questions.

thanks

Luis
Veteran

Aug 18, 2004, 3:38 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1941 views)
Shortcut

Hi oldgym:

Here you go:

I think you don't need more explanation than the comments I made in the editor. Anyway, if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

To search for changes I made to the editor, look for
//Modified by Luis or //Added by Luis

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea
Attachments: editor.js (51.8 KB)

Search for (options)