A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
HA doesn't like underscores

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

ben
Novice

Aug 28, 2002, 12:32 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4239 views)
Shortcut
HA doesn't like underscores Can't Post

Hi Guys, well HTMLAREA is excellent, and free? I don't believe it!!

Anyway, one slight problem Crazy is that it doesn't appear to like a textarea with a _ in it's name. The toolbar buttons appear, but they don't do anything and IE says (when you double click on Error in the bottom left):
Error: 'tagname' is null or not an object.

Yes I know there's no support etc, but I thought you'd like to know, and maybe there's a quick fix for it??Wink

It's just that I'm trying to incorporate it into an existing script, otherwise I'd just remove the underscore!

Thanks,
Ben

Dave
Staff / Moderator

Aug 28, 2002, 4:15 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ben] HA doesn't like underscores [In reply to] Can't Post

Ben, thanks for the bug report! We'll check into it and get back to you. Stay tuned! : )

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Dave
Staff / Moderator

Aug 28, 2002, 4:45 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ben] HA doesn't like underscores [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I've released a new version (1.05) that fixes that problem. Try the editor.js file attached to this message and let me know how it goes. : )

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments: editor.js (31.4 KB)

ben
Novice

Aug 29, 2002, 3:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave] HA doesn't like underscores [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, thanks Dave thats perfect!

As a side note, we've just purchased Article Manager for our website after evaluating many other products. I was a bit wary at first as I would have preferred an open-source solution, however nothing I found could match AM for features and ease of use. Now that I have seen the level of support you offer for a non-supported, free package I'm sure we made the right choice - well done!

Ben.

Search for (options)