htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day!

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

angela
New User

Nov 11, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2676 views)
Shortcut
I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day! Can't Post

I came across this htmlarea and thought it would be a great tool for the admin on my site, but I didn't realize that I would need a form handler for this.

Basically, I don't even know how to search for this; I don't even know what I am looking for. lol...I'll try to explain:

I need the content of the htmlarea to update a page on my site. I would like it to have a button that would say "save" and it would "post" the content directly into a specific page.

Is this possible. If you cannot tell me specifically how to do this, at least give me a hint, like what am i asking for here, and how could I get this.

Just give me a hint, please!!!

I didn't mean to be such a noob, but i've been searching for hours, and when I do find a subject related to this, the replies are really confusing to me because I don't know javascript,asp,php etc.

Thanks for your time!

frank7l7
Novice

Nov 11, 2003, 3:07 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angela] I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day! [In reply to] Can't Post

you need a formhandler that saves the content either in a txtfile or a database -> there is no way around. if you are interessted i can attach a simple php script that saves your content into a txtfile.

angela
New User

Nov 11, 2003, 2:05 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frank7l7] I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very very interested. Thank you so much.

Just one more question, how will it go from the text file to the html file? How will the file be read after its been written?

Thank you so much for your help and time.

are there some files i need to give you for this?

frank7l7
Novice

Nov 11, 2003, 2:52 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angela] I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day! [In reply to] Can't Post

the same way its written the same way its read.... this is going in/out with php. i willpost something tomorrow, ... today is a lil late, where im located:) ... good nite

Mari
New User

Nov 25, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frank7l7] I am so fustrated, I've been looking for the answer all day! [In reply to] Can't Post

Angela, check out http://cmsimple.dk, they have all you need and more! Wink

ebstauffer
New User

Jan 10, 2005, 10:14 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Angela,
No such luck I believe. Basically you will need a little program that takes whatever variable the contents of htmlarea-ized <textarea> field is, write that content to a file (wrapping in appropriate tags) and then you can read it. HTMLAREA will not create the file for you. I hope this helps.

Search for (options)