A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Luis htmlarea

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Hoyala
Novice

Feb 14, 2004, 11:53 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4545 views)
Shortcut
Luis htmlarea Can't Post

Hello!

Where can I get Luis's htmlarea? His version rocks!!!
please help me, here is my email > hoyheyhay@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Hoyala

boitl
New User

Feb 16, 2004, 10:41 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hoyala] Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

this would be interesting for me too.
I didn't find the editor.zip anywhere (dead links in old forum issues).

greetings

jcblitz
Novice

Feb 18, 2004, 8:43 AM

Post #3 of 7 (4432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boitl] Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

There used to be a link at http://www.webstationone.com/test/htmlarea/ to download it it, but I don't see it now. His version is still up there though. I downloaded it about 2 weeks ago from there. If there is a newer / more up to date version of it, i'd sure like to grab it. His version is great.

MadDog
New User

Feb 19, 2004, 4:52 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boitl] Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed. Actually, I'm pretty desperate to get my hands on a copy of Luis' editor.

I'm currently building a CMS (but hey, who isnt?) and I'd love to use this souped up htmlArea, as other DHTML editors are hella expensive.

It doesnt even have to be the latest version (as I understand the Forms editor was sponsored by a commercial client), but as long as most of the other features are included, I'll be happy as the proverbial Larry. Luis seems like a really talented guy, not to mention generous for all the help he's provided here on the forum. So, yeah. I'd love a little help, from either Luis or anyone else who has the editor.zip file.

Cheers to all you wonderful possums, and thanks in advance.

MD

nerfball387
New User

Feb 23, 2004, 2:23 AM

Post #5 of 7 (4265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MadDog] Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

DIDO...

I have the old version of Luis' htmlArea and need to update my CMS with htmlArea 3.0. Using the vanilla (or as i like to call it, the not-so-Luis) version of 3.0 would be taking a step backwards for my content authors.

Please post a link to the latest (public) copy of Luis' editor.zip for htmlArea 3.0

Thanks in advance.

sebastien75005
New User

Feb 23, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #6 of 7 (4250 views)
Shortcut
Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

Luis,

i tried your HTML area. it's very cool and i wanted to have it, especially the template page option, the capability to delete the website url in links and the word cleaner

is it possible for you to send me a zip file of your htaml area at sebastien75005@yahoo.fr

regards

MadDog
New User

Feb 29, 2004, 4:17 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MadDog] Luis htmlarea [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooh, okay, so Luis has put the link back onto his test page, but the file still isnt there. One step closer, heheh Wink

Search for (options)