A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
need to get htmlarea to show up with spellerpages script

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

billspeg
Novice

Mar 9, 2004, 11:43 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4415 views)
Shortcut
need to get htmlarea to show up with spellerpages script Can't Post

hi i had htmlarea working as a homegrown word processor for my website but then somebody mentioned to me "does it have spell check" so i got open source Aspell and open source spellerpages and i got those examples working but when i put the scripts together htmlarea does not load. please tell me that there is a way to get these two scripts woking together here is the code from my page

<html>
<head><title>The Techunit word processor</title>
<script src="/speller/spellChecker.js" language="javascript"></script>
<script language="javascript">
function openSpellChecker( txt ) {
var txt1 = document.formword.documentsave;
//var txt2 = document.testform.words2test2;
var speller = new spellChecker(txt1);
speller.openChecker();
}
</script>
<script language="Javascript1.2"><!-- // load htmlarea
_editor_url ="http://www.techunit.org/htmlarea/"; //url to htmlarea files
var win_ie_ver = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.split("MSIE") [1]);
if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') >=0){
win_ie_ver =0;}
if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Windows CE') >= 0){
win_ie_ver =0;}
if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') >= 0){
win_ie_ver =0;}
if(win_ie_ver >= 5.5){
document.write('<scr' + 'ipt src="' + _editor_url+ 'editor.js"');
document.write('language="Javascript1.2"></scr' + 'ipt>');
}
else { document.write('<scr' + 'ipt>function editor_generate(){return false;}</scr'+'ipt>');}
// --></script>

</head>
<body bgcolor="yellow"><p>please use this word processor at your convienience. You can save the documents to a database for later or print out immediately</p>
<form action="wordprocessor.php" method="post" name="formword">
<p>Please enter your first name. &nbsp;<input type="text" name="firstname" size="20">
please enter your last name. &nbsp;<input type="text" name="lastname" size="25"></p>
<p>Please enter the document name. &nbsp;<input type="text" name="documentname" size="50"></p>
<textarea name="documentsave" style="width:700; height:250" >
</textarea><br><script language="Javascript1.2" >editor_generate('documentsave');
</script>
<input type="button" value="SpellCheck" onclick="openSpellChecker()">
<input type="reset" value="delete information">
<input type="submit" value="save information" >
</form>
<p>If you would like to view your saved documents please enter your first and last name below </p>
<form action="viewdocuments.php" method="post" name="formview">
<p>First name<input type="text" name="firstname" size="20">&nbsp;&nbsp;Last name<input type="text" name="lastname" size="25">
<input type="submit" value="view saved documents">
</form>

</body>
</html>

billspeg
Novice

Mar 28, 2004, 11:28 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billspeg] need to get htmlarea to show up with spellerpages script [In reply to] Can't Post

solved the editor was behind a firewall and path index page would not allow load

brockb
Novice

Apr 28, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billspeg] need to get htmlarea to show up with spellerpages script [In reply to] Can't Post

Bill, you were able to get the spellerpages script to communicate back to the htmlarea text area? I've been working on that for days and have not been successful. I can get spellerpages to spellcheck the htmlarea text area, but I can't get it to put the corrected results BACK INTO the htmlarea text area once it is completed with the corrections.

If you were able to get it to do this... I would LOVE to know how you did it if you wouldn't mind helping a fella out?

Or if anybody else out there has done the same thing... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brock

Search for (options)