htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Xyleen
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 7 (4058 views)
Shortcut
Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? Can't Post

Hello,

I'm using htmlarea2.03 for quite a while but i'm missing two things:

1. When creating a table i want to define the class-name of my table, tr and td tags. I know i can switch to html-mode and type it in myself but the users of my webpage are clueless about html so they cannot. I've checked the 3.0 version but i can't find it their either. I want it to simply have a textbox where the user can type in the classname. Anyone ?

2. At the <a popup i want an option the user can choose the target. I know it's there in version 3 but because it's still in beta-version i don't want to upgrade only for this minor fix. Anyone have a fix for 2.03 ?

thx

Xy l e en

esthera
User

Mar 16, 2004, 6:42 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xyleen] Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? [In reply to] Can't Post

checkout Luis's code at

http://www.webstationone.com/test/htmlarea/

she does the above.

Xyleen
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 6:47 AM

Post #3 of 7 (4047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [esthera] Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

no she doesn't ..

There is no option to define the classname of a column,row or table ...

esthera
User

Mar 16, 2004, 6:54 AM

Post #4 of 7 (4046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xyleen] Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? [In reply to] Can't Post

no your right. my mistake. I read it to fast.

I did this but in a different way. I made set fonts and i parse out the font and change it to a class in my asp before I submit to a database.

Xyleen
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #5 of 7 (4044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [esthera] Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? [In reply to] Can't Post

no problem, thanks for your help anyway

Luis
Veteran

Mar 16, 2004, 12:20 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4038 views)
Shortcut

Hi Xyleen:

Currently my posted version doesn't allow to insert classes into tables, but it's pretty easy to add the ability. Search in this forum. I've posted the code two or three times. If you don't find it, I'll send you the code later tonight (I'm at work now).

The insert_link in my test editor has already the ability for classes and targets.

Note: For your an esthera's information. I'm not a "she". I'm a him very him.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Xyleen
Novice

Mar 17, 2004, 2:25 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Define css class at table creation & <a > targets ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks luis

I would be very happy if you send me this code.

Can you also explain to me how i install it.
Can i also install the table properties (colspan, rowspan) etc on 3.02

Do you also have a fix for setting the target of an <a href ?

Search for (options)