A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

vigosan
Novice

Mar 31, 2004, 8:31 AM

Post #1 of 13 (6794 views)
Shortcut
HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager Can't Post

Hello, I'm Vicent Gozalbes from Spain.

In my page you can download a version of HTMLArea 2.03 that combine:

- Image manager

- File manager

- Spell Checker

See in <a href="http://www.freepgs.com/vgozalbes/index.php?mod=pstatics&id=33">http://www.freepgs.com/vgozalbes/index.php?mod=pstatics&id=33</a>

jeromewheeler
Novice

Apr 1, 2004, 4:54 AM

Post #2 of 13 (6750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vigosan] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You use a rewrite of the engine that was onm zhou.org?

I saw you have still the Thumbnail problem in the Imagemanager.....
Well problem: it just doens;t show the thumb of logo.jpg.....

Has anybody a good fix for this..?

vigosan
Novice

Apr 1, 2004, 9:02 AM

Post #3 of 13 (6739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeromewheeler] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Vicent,

I know the problem but it is caused to my server. In my PC I have installed a web server (apache) and it works perfectly, download the file and try it...

jeromewheeler
Novice

Apr 1, 2004, 9:37 AM

Post #4 of 13 (6734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vigosan] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ,

Oke, ik looked at your version.... en got some trouble with the File upload but oke... that doesn;t really matter... i am only very curious, as a was reading a lot on Zhou's board around this thumb problem.....
That's really making me crazy.... why oooh why do i get a Thumb many times but not always...

What is it with the FILE that is causing that?>>????
So i am afraid your version has the same problem... as offcourse it depends on the server you are running it on, but i am on a common providers account..... as many others... and as i see the numbers off views to this problem on the forum i think it is better to solve it than to create a new one...

jeromewheeler
Novice

Apr 3, 2004, 7:11 AM

Post #5 of 13 (6658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeromewheeler] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

oke, i still get stuck with the THUMB problem.

SOme files are not displayed well, other's do.... some after Editing them show up as Thumb.. some wouldn;t......

what the F* can be the reason/cause of this strange and totally random it seems behaviour...
?????????

vigosan
Novice

Apr 3, 2004, 10:24 AM

Post #6 of 13 (6648 views)
Shortcut

I can solved temporaly the problem.
The problem is GD library doesn't exists, download the new code (http://www.freepgs.com/vgozalbes)

vigosan
Novice

Apr 8, 2004, 6:04 AM

Post #7 of 13 (6495 views)
Shortcut

New merge version with htmlArea 3RC1 with File manager and Image Manager

raggarsvin
New User

Apr 10, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #8 of 13 (6433 views)
Shortcut

I love this thing, the imagemanager is just too good.

But the "Insert link manager" I just cant get to work as it should.
I can get it to list the specified folder and I can insert link,
But I cant upload or create folders with it or anything.

Is there any php requirements I should know of ?
I got PHP -v 4.0.6

Or are there any specific adjustments I should look at that I might have missed ?

jeanjerome
New User

Apr 10, 2004, 8:38 PM

Post #9 of 13 (6410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raggarsvin] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello:

I am also having the same problem... can't upload, can't create directory, can't delete... I am also runing php 4.0.6... The directory has the right permissions...

I tried it on another server that run php 4.2.2 and it worked immediately..

Anyway to make this work on php 4.0.6?? Unsure If not would it work with php-4.1.2, it seems to be the only version I could easely upgrade to... (since I am running RedHat 7.2 and Plesk 2.5...)

Also I had to implement this suggested change to avoid the following error on the php 4.0.6 box:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'Files.php' (include_path='') in d:\foxserv\www\htmlarea\plugins\imagemanager\Classes\ImageManager.php on line 9

Please tell me this can work on PHP 4.0.6... or php 4.1.2... can the script be change to work under these version of PHP??

Thanks in advance...

Jean

(This post was edited by jeanjerome on Apr 10, 2004, 9:32 PM)

jeanjerome
New User

Apr 11, 2004, 3:41 AM

Post #10 of 13 (6391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeanjerome] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

I managed to update to PHP 4.1.2, and although it seems to have fixe the upload issue with regular file upload, images won't upload. It does start to upload, but then when done no file are present. I am using GD, but also tried ImageMaick and NetPBM...

As per my last post, I tried on another server with PHP4.2.2 and it works great there.

Is there anyway to make this works with 4.1.2??

Thanks

jean

raggarsvin
New User

Apr 11, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #11 of 13 (6372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeanjerome] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

I cant upgrade, my provider runs a cobaltRAQ and the php upgrade seems to take time on that system.

But it should be able to get it to work, couse the imagemanager works fine with uploads.

raggarsvin
New User

Jun 14, 2004, 3:12 PM

Post #12 of 13 (5640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raggarsvin] HTMLArea2.03 + image manager + file manager [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I cant upgrade, my provider runs a cobaltRAQ and the php upgrade seems to take time on that system.

But it should be able to get it to work, couse the imagemanager works fine with uploads.

If I in the beginning of files.php put this code I can upload files in the "insert link to fil manager" but I cant figure out delete oor create folder... any ideas ?

///////////////////////

if (isset ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS))
{
$_SERVER = &$HTTP_SERVER_VARS;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS))
{
$_GET = &$HTTP_GET_VARS;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{
$_POST = &$HTTP_POST_VARS;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS))
{
$_COOKIE = &$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_POST_FILES))
{
$_FILES = &$HTTP_POST_FILES;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_ENV_VARS))
{
$_ENV = &$HTTP_ENV_VARS;
}

if (isset ($HTTP_SESSION_VARS))
{
$_SESSION = &$HTTP_SESSION_VARS;
}
///////////////////////

raggarsvin
New User

Jun 15, 2004, 1:56 AM

Post #13 of 13 (5623 views)
Shortcut

I solved the rest with this to, in the beginning as in last post.

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS))
{
$_REQUEST = &$HTTP_GET_VARS;
}

// Only one problem now. If I create a folder, go in to the folder and upload I file.
The file gets uploaded, but it does not get into the created folder, it gets into the root just beside the created folder..

Any vlues on how solving this ?

Search for (options)