A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Image Manager - setting dynamic directory

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

jstolzen
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 1:13 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4437 views)
Shortcut
Image Manager - setting dynamic directory Can't Post

Hi gang..

I'm a Java guy, not a PHP snarf, so..

How do I set a dynamic directory for the Image Manager used in Luis's version of htmlarea?

(I could pass this info as a parameter to the .php - eg: mysite.com/myEntryForm.php?parm=XXXX..but how do I tell ImageManager to use it as the place to store and get images from?)

I'd like to setup multiple directories for each user on my site, so that they see their "own" area only for uploading and referencing images from.

Thanks for any & all help!!!!

Jim

wei
User

Apr 27, 2004, 1:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jstolzen] Image Manager - setting dynamic directory [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, this is also an ImageManager, http://www.zhuo.org/htmlarea/

Here is how for the above manager

in the config.inc.php file add an include and change the following two lines

include_once ('usersthingy.php'); //something to do with the users,

$IMConfig['base_dir'] = 'c:/www/assets/'.getUserPath();
$IMConfig['base_url'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/assets/'.getUserPath();

where the base_dir and base_url are explained in the config.inc.php files and where the getUserPath(); is some function or variable to you call to retrive the path for the current user.

There are other elagant ways to do it, but this is the simplest.

Hope that will help.

Cheers, Wei.

zerotres
New User

May 13, 2004, 4:34 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei] Image Manager - setting dynamic directory [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to know if the original poster was able to solve this. I am facing a similar situation, but haven't been able to pass the user info to the image manager.

Search for (options)