htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Insert Image - Restricting User To Folder Of Images?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

PFXCarty
New User

Apr 25, 2004, 11:22 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4328 views)
Shortcut
Insert Image - Restricting User To Folder Of Images? Can't Post

Hi,

On my site I wish to allow the user, when he/she clicks on the insert image button, to be able to select from a number of images already uploaded to a specific folder via another part of my site unrelated to htmlArea.

Any way I could implement this or amend another mod to suit this end?

Thanks,

Phil.

stervina
User

Apr 26, 2004, 2:56 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PFXCarty] Insert Image - Restricting User To Folder Of Images? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Have a look here, look at row of icons N3, starting at the smiley icon. Is that what you are looking for ?
http://www.college4vents.net/testhtmlarea/example.php?action=ajouter

These mods include images from a pre-defined folder. They allow preview and uploads. A password can be defined

Greetings
Stervina

PFXCarty
New User

Apr 26, 2004, 4:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] Insert Image - Restricting User To Folder Of Images? [In reply to] Can't Post

That look perfect. Problem is, the folder of the images depends on the user's id. eg: if user 56 logged on, then images from domain.com/images/56/ would appear.

If this would be possible for me to code into the mod - perfect!

Do you know if this mod is avialable to download? I can't read French =P

wei
User

Apr 27, 2004, 12:53 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PFXCarty] Insert Image - Restricting User To Folder Of Images? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can try this one also, it works with htmlarea 3, and it also works as standalone.

In addition, it can also edit images.

Find it here.
http://www.zhuo.org/htmlarea/

Cheers, Wei.

stervina
User

Apr 27, 2004, 12:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (4278 views)
Shortcut

Hi

It's already on the forum at the following address.

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_v2.0_-_Add-Ons_F19/New_smiley_add-on_for_V2.3_P25639/

This is the smiley mod, but all my standalone mods use the same code. You only need to define the parameters (folder, number of lines, and rows.)

The code is commented in English

What you need to do is to define the user-folder as a parameter. Suppose "stervina" is my login on your site. Save it in a cookie, and call it back as the name of my folder. I think it would be easy to adapt the code to your purposes.

Make the best of it

Greetings

Stervina

Search for (options)