A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

O3car
New User

Sep 17, 2004, 11:49 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3879 views)
Shortcut
Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version Can't Post

I have a problem with the "Image Manager"/"Insert Image"/"Upload Image".

I recieve an error messages saying "Error: Couldn't copy file to server ".

What can be the problem?

Is it the chmod rights to the catalog in wich I want the files to be uploaded or maybe the directories set in the config.inc.php? Since it appears to me it is not using FTP-protocol I wonder what the authentication variables are for?

The version of HTML-area I'm using I got from http://www.webstationone.com/test/htmlarea/ so i guess that Luis guy is the one with all the answers but anyone will do!

Very greatfull for answers!

// Oscar

Luis
Veteran

Sep 17, 2004, 7:36 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [O3car] Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi O3car:

Here are some pointers:

1. - $PATH = "/absolute path to your popups directory"; (leading slash - no trailing slash);

$ROOT = "/absolute path to your images directory"; (leading slash - no trailing slash. Directory of images to be inserted, no htmlarea icons dir);

$PREVIEW = "URL to your images directory"; (points to $ROOT);

$URL = "URL to your popups directory";

$absolute_path = identical to $ROOT.

Make sure your images directory exists and is CHMODED 777.

Hope this helps you to solve your problem. Greetings

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

O3car
New User

Sep 20, 2004, 7:27 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

I got the paths working. But instead of setting CHMOD 777 on the directory I altered the code to save it using the FTP-protocol instead. It works a treat! But when I've uploaded my file and press the "Close window" button to return to the "Insert Image" dialog the new file isn't listed. I have to close the window a reopen it for it to list thw new images.

I checked out you "sample" script at http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea and noticed that it got more features (including the "auto update" of the image directory) than the one I downloaded from the same site just a week ago.

Is there anyway to get hold of that script instead?

// Oscar

Luis
Veteran

Sep 20, 2004, 9:44 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [O3car] Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi O3car:

Unfortunatelly I can't share that file. It's a paid work and rights don't belong to me anymore.

However, you could try putting this small script in the head section of your imgupload.php file:

<script>function updateDialog(){
if(window.opener.document.nameProp=='Insert Image'){
window.opener.frames['IMGPICK'].location.replace('browseimage.php');
setTimeout(window.close(), 10)
}
</script>

Note: 'Insert Image' is the <title> of your insert_image.html file, in case you have changed it.

Then, replace the code for your Close button in imgupload.php with the following code:

<BUTTON style=\"left: 17.1em; top: 6.2em; width: 7em; height: 2.1294em; ime-mode: disabled;\" type=reset onClick=\"updateDialog()\">Close window</BUTTON>

This will refresh your images list.

Greetings.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

O3car
New User

Sep 21, 2004, 3:35 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Problem using the "Image Upload" feature in the "Word cleaner" version [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to use that code, but instead nothing happens. The window doesn't close and therefore the image list won't refresh either. I haven't changed any of the the titles or anything from the original code. But that is probably not whats causing the problem anyway. What can it be?

// O3car

Search for (options)