A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Easy Insert Audio

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

cOnflictXX
New User

Sep 19, 2004, 1:12 AM

Post #1 of 1 (3078 views)
Shortcut
Easy Insert Audio Can't Post

Hey guys. I've been looking for one of these textbox scripts for months, and I finally came accross htmlArea and it's perfect. Great job.

So anyway, I'm making a web site for a friend of mine who knows nothing about computers, let alone HTML. He's a singer, and he'll want to post some of his music on his site.

Rather than telling him to click the <html> button and type in <embed src="http://blahblahblah"> etc. each time he wants to add a song, is there any way to add a button to the htmlArea toolbar that automatically inserts an embed object? (Using a javascript popup to ask the url of the audio file)

If at all possible, I'd also like to make the default size 25 height and 75 width (so it only displays the play and stop bottons Tongue P.S. I'm using v2.03

Thanks in advance, guys.

(This post was edited by cOnflictXX on Sep 19, 2004, 1:13 AM)

Search for (options)