A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
Font and fontsize not set properly

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

reisol
Novice

Oct 26, 2004, 8:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2037 views)
Shortcut
Font and fontsize not set properly Can't Post

When I enter text using default fontname and size, this is not included in the generated HTML-code. But when I change the name and size, and then change it back to default again - everything is OK. Is this normal? I read a little in the editor.js and it seems like the fontsize and name is written only when the buttons in the menu are hit.

Anyone have a similar problem?

normie_5
New User

Oct 31, 2004, 9:14 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reisol] Font and fontsize not set properly [In reply to] Can't Post

I only seem to have the problem with arial size 2. It shows no html for size so defailts to previots size specified

Have to manually go in ans add size = 2

web2003vn
New User

Dec 6, 2004, 11:35 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normie_5] Font and fontsize not set properly [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

In editor.js, function editor_defaultConfig :

just change :

this.bodyStyle = 'background-color: #FFFFFF; font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: x-small;';

to : this.bodyStyle = 'background-color: #FFFFFF; font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: xx-small;';

Hope that help,

Le.

Search for (options)