A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Load an html document

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

eugenio
New User

Nov 15, 2004, 10:36 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3414 views)
Shortcut
Load an html document Can't Post

Hi all,
I would like to have a button that allowed to load an HTML document (using editor_setHTML) that the user can choose from his own HD.
Is something already available? Is it difficult to implement?

Thanks.

Eugenio.

Luis
Veteran

Nov 15, 2004, 5:30 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eugenio] Load an html document [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi eugenio:

My editor has that functionality, however there are two bads. 1.- It uses ActiveX, which means the final user needs to set up permissions in his computer and 2. which is not an issue with the mod itself, but with the content editable plataform is that you can insert into the editor only what's inside <body> and </body>. Everything else is lost. If it's ok with you, you can download the zip from my demo site. if you have problems installing it, contact me back.

greetings

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

eugenio
New User

Nov 17, 2004, 7:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Load an html document [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi eugenio:

My editor has that functionality, however there are two bads. 1.- It uses ActiveX, which means the final user needs to set up permissions in his computer and 2. which is not an issue with the mod itself, but with the content editable plataform is that you can insert into the editor only what's inside <body> and </body>. Everything else is lost. If it's ok with you, you can download the zip from my demo site. if you have problems installing it, contact me back.

greetings

Hi Luis,
thanks for your quick reply. Ok for the second issue, but unfortunately the first issue (setting permissions) is a problem for me.

Thanks anyway.

Eugenio.

Search for (options)